• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre Screen 25+

8 posts in this topic

You can submit any amount of books over 25. I submitted 28 when I did it. I learned the hard way that they only ship books back 25 in a box - so I had to pay shipping to have the other 3 books shipped back to me. Oh well, live & learn. (I wish I would've known, though.)

14 hours ago, Gaard said:

You can submit any amount of books over 25. I submitted 28 when I did it. I learned the hard way that they only ship books back 25 in a box - so I had to pay shipping to have the other 3 books shipped back to me. Oh well, live & learn. (I wish I would've known, though.)

This.

On 5/23/2019 at 5:24 PM, Gaard said:

When you say “box”, what do you mean? A specific box that CGC stocks that holds 25 comics or any old box they have laying around that they randomly use to ship product with. Or do they use the packaging they received it in (your packaging).

3 minutes ago, dfx1 said:

When you say “box”, what do you mean? A specific box that CGC stocks that holds 25 comics or any old box they have laying around that they randomly use to ship product with. Or do they use the packaging they received it in (your packaging).

Years ago, I believe the maximum in a return shipment was 30. However, the newer holders weigh more and I believe were lowered to 25.  No, CGC does not use any old box.    

Yeah, Bob's right, they have their own boxes - they don't use your boxes/packaging.

In my case, they sent back a box of 25 (rejects and slabs together), and a box of 3 (1 reject & 2 slabs) a week later.

edit: I should note that I sent them all 28 books together in 1 box, and for some reason, 3 of the books were graded a week after the other 25.

Edited by Gaard

55 minutes ago, Gaard said:

In my case, they sent back a box of 25 (rejects and slabs together), and a box of 3 (1 reject & 2 slabs) a week later.

edit: I should note that I sent them all 28 books together in 1 box, and for some reason, 3 of the books were graded a week after the other 25.

This makes sense to me. The 'rejects' from the pregrader are not official until they are looked at by the graders. Sometimes the graders overrides the pregrader. So all 25 books, rejects and slabs, are shipped back together.  My advice is stick to multipes of 25. The additional costs for the 3 were not worth the cost. 

On 5/23/2019 at 1:53 PM, The Jackman said:

The minimum number of books accepted for pre screening is 25.

Are you guys referring to a pre-screen for a particular grade here or are you referring to a pre-screen for pressing here?  ???