• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books coming back stuck/sealed into the inner well wall

7 posts in this topic

Just had a submission of 25 books come back,  16 of them jammed into the bottom of the inner well so bad that theyre stuck/damaged.  Some of the back covers are ripped and it looks like some of the books are actually sealed into the bottom of the well.  14 of the 16 have 9.8 grades that are now completely meaningless.  Nothing extremely high value but some decent stuff like Xmen 164, Justice League 1 1:500 cover, Wolverine 1 etc.    Has this been happening lately?   I also had to send back a submission recently of 4 copies of Xmen 101 that all got damaged prior to grading.  

IMG-3424.JPG

IMG-3427.JPG

IMG-3437.JPG

IMG-3440.JPG

IMG-3447.JPG

Edited by DaveSFU

So sorry to see that happen to your books :S. It's most likely due to damage from shipping where the box might have been dropped. There's a thread about this (shaken comic syndrome):

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/445113-outbreak-of-shaken-comic-syndrome/?tab=comments#comment-10520763

Was there some sort of insurance or compensation for your property? As a brand new CGC member, who is just starting my "serious adult collection" of key and rare comics, this is something that really scares me...considering that protecting my books is just as important as grading them. 

On 5/24/2019 at 9:45 AM, MetaHuman said:

It's most likely due to damage from shipping where the box might have been dropped.

CGC has seriously cheaped out on the shipping since the early days.