• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Nellie,Tessie, Zip, Atom Ant, Jesus, The Beatles, Thor, Conan, Sci-fi; Rochester Garbage Plate CLOSING SOON -- PRICE CUTS! -- a random, late-night delicious pile of gold, silver and bronze
1 1

87 posts in this topic

So in Rochester, NY they have the garbage plate, An all-night offering of various foods piled together (meats, home fries, beans, macaroni salad, hot sauce, mustard, onions etc). Similarly, this thread will feature a bit of this and a bit of that; either books I have not offered before, or previous offerings at reduced prices. Albany Comic Con is two weeks out so I may as well offer things I am ready to part with and make some room for new arrivals.

:rulez:

First :takeit: wins; tie/indeterminate goes to the thread.

Payment: Money Order or Check.

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Shipping is $7 within U.S., one book or all. Canada ships at actual.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back in the same shape on your dime.

Edited by Readcomix

Recap:

P1:

Alarming Tales #3 was $20 NOW $15

Frankenstein Comics #13 was $90 NOW $80

The Informer #4 was $20 NOW $15

El Halcon Negro #83 (Blackhawk Mexican edition) was $15 NOW $10

P2:

Space Adventures #29 was $5 NOW $3

Police Comics #125 was $30 NOW $25

Flash #'s (246 SOLD) 184 were $5 each NOW $4 each 

Atom Ant #1 was $30 NOW $25

Nancy and Sluggo #16 (#1) was $20 NOW $15

P3:

Tessie the Typist #18 was $40 NOW $25

Nellie the Nurse #16 was $50 NOW $30

Edited by Readcomix

:news: SOLD via PM! Let's start with a Silver Age hen's tooth, Fightin' 5 #40, the first appearance of the Peacemaker. Going with FVF on light general wear; note stamp in upper left (store/date?) and vertical transfer, it appears, upper right. Hey, it was Charlton -- they banged 'em out, stacked 'em wet, and shoved them out the door!  $150 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

:news: SOLD!

Here's a reduced rerun; I recently upgraded:

Lobo #1, first book to feature an African-American character in the title role. GD 2.0 with staining, piece off cover right edge, cover detached top staple, CF detached at lower staple, rusty staples. Compare to eBay -- $40 :whatthe:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

1 minute ago, Deadlift Collectibles said:

You had me at garbage plate!! I lived in Rochester for 3 years and am originally from Oswego! Obviously, Nick Tahou is the original but I ate at Gitsi’s more when it was still around.

Sweet! You traded lake effect snow for tornados! And you said you couldn't chase weather, Mike! Hope you're still OK out there.