• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Nellie,Tessie, Zip, Atom Ant, Jesus, The Beatles, Thor, Conan, Sci-fi; Rochester Garbage Plate CLOSING SOON -- PRICE CUTS! -- a random, late-night delicious pile of gold, silver and bronze
1 1

87 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Readcomix said:

While we're at it....

Blackhawk #140, 2nd appearance of Lady Blackhawk. VG/VG- with tanning halos the worst of it. $15

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Take

7 hours ago, CatMan Brett said:

Just curious, but were you storing these under your mattress? Asking 4 a friend  :baiting:

Hey! Ya gotta hide the good ones, right!?!? 

Anyway, we are all cleaned up, but I will make a pass through to maybe shave some prices and provide a recap. (Using that reserved second post! :banana:

Then, a little later, once the kids go to bed, we'll see what else I call pull out from under that mattress and offer up tonight :devil:

23 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Here's a reduced rerun; I recently upgraded:

Lobo #1, first book to feature an African-American character in the title role. GD 2.0 with staining, piece off cover right edge, cover detached top staple, CF detached at lower staple, rusty staples. Compare to eBay -- $40 :whatthe:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

22 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Terry and the Pirates Buster Brown shoes giveaway, the earliest Terry and the Pirates promotional comic book, from 1938. 32 pages, all color, paper covers. Presents well but outer wrap detached, one stain upper right, 3" vertical tear from bottom in cover. Only found one sold, on Heritage. Not a common book. $30

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:takeit:

:news: Conan #58 only SOLD via PM!

First up, the first Belit doubleheader -- the actual first appearance in Conan #58 in VF/NM (if you want to be technical, she really first appeared in a 1950's Mexican comic, an unauthorized adaptation, but this the Marvel Belit) and the often-claimed "first appearance," GS Conan #1 in FN with slight tear on back cover. See the last pic: to the right of Red Sonja's head, Belit (and Valeria) are mentioned in that dialogue box, in which Conan recounts a dream. Some have claimed the blonde below the box is Belit but it could just as well (and more likely) be Valeria.

Take the pair for $50 and cover your bases. Take GS Conan #1 only at $5

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Strange Tales #130 in VF to VF+, with the worst of it being three small nicks across the top, above the N and G.

Now, this book is a triple-threat minor key. You've got Dr. Strange in the lead spot on the cover for the first time; you've got the first appearance of Kaecilius, who was a big deal for almost as long as it might take you to finish a steaming hot Venti Mochacchino latte back when the Dr Strange movie was still in hype mode; and you've got the Thing and the Human Torch meeting the Beatles, who were also a kind of a big thing while the Silver Age was the Modern Age. So there's that.

Take it for $100.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Zip Comics #41 in Good range -- single staple book, detached at cover, and at three center wraps, but complete. Slight stains and page chew in margin only.

These late Zips usually get the turned-up nose from Golden Age BSD's who only want the lurid hero covers, but books like this mark the transition from MLJ to Archie Comics, as you have lighter hero covers and a mix of heroes and humor inside. They are also very tough books. Four on census last I looked.

A slightly better but generally comparable copy (described as GD condition with "staple detached") has a $400 ask on it, and I think that's reasonable. 

Mine looks a little more worn than that one. Let's do (WAS $250.) NOW $225

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix