• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

avengers #47
1 1

9 posts in this topic

hi every one I'm new here , and would like to ask the experts for opinions on a book I recently picked up

here is the book

I'm not expecting much with the writing on it but I'm hoping with a pressing/cleaning it will grade a 5 or so

thanks in advance for any help

greg

avengers#47cover.jpg

avengers#47back.jpg

possibledonhecksig.jpg

A well loved copy and an awesome book to have! (Most of my Flash collection is in this condition or worse 😀 but I'm glad to have every one of them!) from What I see here I would grade it at 3.5. With a cleaning and press it could go higher.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:38 PM, gregumz said:

hi every one I'm new here , and would like to ask the experts for opinions on a book I recently picked up

here is the book

I'm not expecting much with the writing on it but I'm hoping with a pressing/cleaning it will grade a 5 or so

thanks in advance for any help

greg

Greg, welcome to the boards!  :headbang:

I agree with flashlites, 3.5 or so seems about right. It's not a book that would make sense to pay for pressing and cleaning IMO, as there are chips and color loss. A nice solid low-grader.

28 minutes ago, gregumz said:

I do want to have it slabbed to have the book preserved . I have no intentions of selling it . do you think its even worth slabbing it?

I'm at 3.5 as well.

IMO, no, I wouldn't have it slabbed. I'd get a nice fullback and mylar, put them in a top loader, and be done with it. That way you could always take it out and flip through it when you were feeling nostalgic. There is no financial upside to having this book slabbed, so if you're just wanting to preserve it, the mylar/fullback/loader combo will keep it safe and sound at a much smaller cost and wait.

15 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I'm at 3.5 as well.

IMO, no, I wouldn't have it slabbed. I'd get a nice fullback and mylar, put them in a top loader, and be done with it. That way you could always take it out and flip through it when you were feeling nostalgic. There is no financial upside to having this book slabbed, so if you're just wanting to preserve it, the mylar/fullback/loader combo will keep it safe and sound at a much smaller cost and wait.

+1

Since there is a cost to slabbing (roundtrip shipping in addition to the CGC fees themselves), I don't think this book is worth it. If you really want a slabbed copy, consider just buying a different one that's already slabbed rather than sinking more money into this copy.