• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to update the census?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I was looking through the census at Spawn #62 (Image) and under the Newsstand edition it lists no 9.8's but I have one that is 9.8 SS.  I am guessing it was listed under the regular heading before CGC started tracking the different versions.  #1013256001 I can include a photo later.  Apparently the camera on my computer sucks.  Is this something CGC cares about, and can fix?  

Spawn 62.JPG

Edited by PhantomEwan
Uploaded picture

• Administrator

@PhantomEwan We just recently started marking the Newsstand Editions as variants. This book was graded in 2010. So it was before we started marking them as variants. If you would like to have it marked as a Newsstand Edition, you can send it in for a Reholder.

22 minutes ago, PhantomEwan said:

Thanks for that.  I don't think it is worth it for me to do that for just this one, but it is good to know.  I might have to look and see if I have more that need a reholder.

Your book looks like a really nice copy. You can see from the cover that it is a Newstand. I just don't see the value of resubbing it to put Newstand on the label. 

20 hours ago, JonnySnyder said:

@PhantomEwan We just recently started marking the Newsstand Editions as variants. This book was graded in 2010. So it was before we started marking them as variants. If you would like to have it marked as a Newsstand Edition, you can send it in for a Reholder.

Jonny, can I submit a few census that may need updating? As I submitted a few in the past to no avail; can I included a few of them to you?

Just now, JonnySnyder said:

@Bart Allen Feel free to send along and I can forward to the graders for review. Thanks

Jonny, you're an absolute legend; thank you ^_^

Briggs Land #1

1st appearance of Grace, Abbie, Jim and Caleb Briggs

Captain Marvel Adventures #26:

1st full appearance of Mr. Mind, revealed to be a tiny, alien worm. Chap. 5 Monster Society of Evil serial. Captain Marvel visits Seatle WA.

JLA #26:

1st full appearance of Jakeem Thunder.

Marvelman #31

7th appearance of Marvelman and 1st James Bleach Marvelman

Issue Date: 3/54; Year: 1954; Publisher: L. Miller & Son Ltd; Country: United Kingdom; Art Comments: Mick Anglo story, art and cover, James Bleach art.

Young Marvelman #57

Origin and 1st appearance of Young Nastyman

Issue Date: 9/54; Year: 1954; Publisher: L. Miller & Son Ltd; Country: United Kingdom; Art Comments: Mick Anglo story, George Parlett art and cover.

Saban's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1

1st full appearance of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in a traditional comic book

There's hardly anything in the database on the key comics of Miracleman (later Marvelman) which I may submit in the future, if that's ok with you, Jonny?

• Administrator

@Bart Allen to all those interested, the graders recommended attaching a note to the books being submitted with the information you'd like to see updated on the label. When it gets to the grading room, they'll see it and update accordingly (as long as the info checks out).

Hello, I recently bought this copy of Tales of Suspense #49 U.K. Edition graded and slabbed more than a year ago but is still not on the census. Is the fact that it's a "variant" connected to the missed update?

Tales of Suspense #49 UK Edition CGC 6.0 white pages.JPG

4 hours ago, Firdy said:

As for the census update, I recently bought this copy of Tales of Suspense #49 U.K. Edition graded and slabbed by CGC more than a year ago but is still not on the census. Hope I eventually get an explanation.

Tales of Suspense #49 UK Edition CGC 6.0 white pages.JPG

Recent update: The other day I had also sent an e-mail to CGC concerning the matter and I was just contacted by Customer Service asking me to send a photo of the book together with a time stamp (like today's newspaper or such) so they can add it to the census. I want to publicly thank CGC on this forum for their kind and prompt answer.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:09 PM, JonnySnyder said:

@Bart Allen to all those interested, the graders recommended attaching a note to the books being submitted with the information you'd like to see updated on the label. When it gets to the grading room, they'll see it and update accordingly (as long as the info checks out).

Johnny, may I send you some information on some census', as I am submitting a few books soon ^_^