• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Marvel Adventures #22 and #26 - Mister Mind (eBay question)

3 posts in this topic

Hey ^_^

I'm curious how its possible that a first appearance (cameo in the form of a voice) is worth more than a full appearance? As I came across issues two issues with not that drastic of a grading scheme - 6.0 and 7.5:

Captain Marvel Adventures #22 - 1st appearance of Mister Mind in a voice cameo

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FAWCETT-CAPTAIN-MARVEL-ADVENTURES-22-1943-CGC-5-0-GA-SHAZAM-1st-MR-MIND-APP-/233199150971?hash=item364bc0a77b%3Ag%3AbwMAAOSwJcdctPCq&nma=true&si=BxXvLAyHeEBs1r%2BdDiCjg2sCnpk%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Captain Marvel Adventures #26 - 1st full appearance of Mister Mind

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Marvel-Adventures-26-CGC-6-0-VINTAGE-Fawcett-HOT-KEY-1st-Mr-Mind-Whiz-/202675529698?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Or is the price difference simply due to eBay users bidding uncharacteristically higher on an off-day?

CMA #22 is the first issue of the whole Monster Society of Evil storyline that ran for two years, so I could see it being the more important issue to collectors.

Neither price makes much sense except in the light of movie hype. Maybe bidders were probably speculating that CMA books would take off, but that hasn't happened. I think the reason is that the comedic tone of the film hasn't  allowed the film to create the same kind of fan base that some of the other superhero movies have. I sort of wish they hadn't made the movie a comedy; I guess they decided that the Big Red Cheese was too hokey for a straight super hero movie.