• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Ditko letters on Ebay

25 posts in this topic

Check this out:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steve-Ditko-Beckett-Signed-Cut-Spider-Man-Co-Creator-Autographed-with-org-Doc/312572757081?hash=item48c6c9c459:g:dNkAAOSwFeNcjGbb

I look at SD letters on ebay cause I like to read them. I'm surprised they have value (yes the completed listing say they sell for big $$). Seems a shame to cut a letter to just get the autograph part encapsulated. 

I like this one:

Screenshot_2019-05-26-21-13-38.thumb.png.238c7b65d3cc69ff45f8c5c3c879fe34.png

That's as close to "F:censored: off Jeffery" as you can politely get really isn't it :bigsmile:

I'm going to hide my SD letter in a beat up pence copy of Gorgo. It will be a nice surprise for someone, when I'm gone :wishluck:

11 minutes ago, grebal said:

By "Gorgo" I'm guessing you mean the Fantastic Giants 24 ?

Nay and thrice nay! No pence copies of the FG 24, alas. Lots of pence Gorgo's though. Here's a Ditko one :)

5aae71ff969aa_Gorgo4(Vol.1)November1961(6d).jpg.2193114a7cb32faaa2643fc152668ed7.thumb.jpg.47eeffdb7876146013f4c13b6c09969a.jpg

3 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Would be a great buy for someone named Jeffery, but than again not at that price

Or for someone who knew a Jeffery whose opinion they didn't rate :D

30 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
34 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Would be a great buy for someone named Jeffery, but than again not at that price

Or for someone who knew a Jeffery whose opinion they didn't rate :D

Your Steve!!! Does your last name start with D and end with O?

Spoiler

And are you Steve Ditko?

30 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hide contents

And are you Steve Ditko?

Dear Mark, 

No answer to your question.

Regards, 

Steve :censored:o

7 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
39 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Reveal hidden contents

And are you Steve Ditko?

Dear Mark, 

No answer to your question.

Regards, 

Steve :censored:o

Yay! Auctioning  now!!

:flipbait:

But seriously I'm just jealous of your letters :shy:^^

11 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I like this one:

Screenshot_2019-05-26-21-13-38.thumb.png.238c7b65d3cc69ff45f8c5c3c879fe34.png

That's as close to "F:censored: off Jeffery" as you can politely get really isn't it :bigsmile:

I'm going to hide my SD letter in a beat up pence copy of Gorgo. It will be a nice surprise for someone, when I'm gone :wishluck:

What an idea.  Perhaps I'll buy the "No answer for your questions" SD letter and hide it inside my copy of Mysterious Suspense... featuring...The Question.

I wonder if CGC will encapsulate a Ditko letter attached to a back of a comic book for all to see inside a case? :baiting:

Edited by GomerPyleUSMC

10 minutes ago, GomerPyleUSMC said:

What an idea.  Perhaps I'll buy the "No answer for your questions" SD letter and hide it inside my copy of Mysterious Suspense... featuring...The Question.

Now that would be thing. Imagine the future buyer discovering it. Not enough magic in the world GomerP. Do it :cloud9:

On 5/26/2019 at 12:52 PM, NoMan said:

Check this out:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steve-Ditko-Beckett-Signed-Cut-Spider-Man-Co-Creator-Autographed-with-org-Doc/312572757081?hash=item48c6c9c459:g:dNkAAOSwFeNcjGbb

I look at SD letters on ebay cause I like to read them. I'm surprised they have value (yes the completed listing say they sell for big $$). Seems a shame to cut a letter to just get the autograph part encapsulated. 

I've seen worse. This reminds me of the time the owner to the original splash page "When The Jungle Sleeps" from Journey into Mystery #83, tore out the corner with the byline "Stan Lee + Steve Ditko" and sold it to another collector, and afterwards the rest of the page was sold at another auction.  I'm not convinced any of it has a real signature from Ditko, which makes this butchering more senseless and shameful. So long, historical artifact from a Silver Age key.

Before:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/splash-pages/steve-ditko-journey-into-mystery-83-splash-page-1-original-art-marvel-1962-steve-ditko-s-approach-to-fantasy-art-was/a/818-4138.s

whentheJungleJIM.jpeg.b2f47cd5a3f2cc1f2320bdf9b667fcf5.jpeg

After:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/steve-ditko-journey-into-mystery-83-splash-page-1-original-art-marvel-1962-/a/7007-92071.s

whenJungleJIM.jpg.79d051e00b18fc519f90b25701f05b0e.jpg

Edited by GomerPyleUSMC

The letter writer must have caught Steve Ditko on a bad day.

When I corresponded with Steve, he can be playful at times and reply: "I have no way to go back in time." or the philosophical: "I am always thinking in the now and not back then."

But that curt letter with "No answer for your questions." ...that sounds too much like Soup Nazi.