• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books marked "not for resale"

8 posts in this topic

Complimentary copies were often stamped as such with not for resale.  I've also seen office.copies marked as such, with not for resale.

I don't think they hurt value. Some have a certain cache to them

CGC will grade them. I doubt many high grade copies exist.

8 hours ago, shadroch said:

The ones Lazyboy described have  Not for Resale printed on the cover. The ones I described have it stamped on, after the fact. I'm not sure which the OP is asking about.

Printed on cover,pic only shows front of book

1 hour ago, ben parker said:

Printed on cover,pic only shows front of book

I have a few Wolverine "toy" editions that were printed with the "not for resale" slogan. 

The printed on cover books are usually versions of a book that was sold as part of a.package deal. An action figure packaged with a reprinted version of a classic Apple by that character.

I'm not aware of any of these editions bringing big bucks but ........

Everyone has pretty much explain what the "Not for resale" box means and where it came from (in terms of being packaged with a toy or other item)

Most of these comics were reprints of original comics. Certain ones sell on occasion for $10-20, such as reprints of ASM 129, XMen 101, TOS 39, Amazing Fantasy 15. I suppose there is a possible market looking for these as they did come packaged with toys. A lot of kids would have taken the toy and read the comic a lot or even thrown it away.  So finding a high grade copy could be hard. That being said, generally these are found in $1-5 bins and don't sell. 

As most of them came with toys, I would think there would be more value if the comic were still in the package with whatever toy it came with...