• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile High Comics robbed!?!
4 4

283 posts in this topic

So what is that translated into actual dol...oh. Someone already made that joke...? Shoot.

Well, hopefully they didn't steal Chuck's marijua....oh. That one's been done, too...? Drat.

If you adjust for realistic grading, it's not as ba....oh. That's been claimed as well. Crud.

Wait, wait! I got it! "Hopefully they didn't take any of Chuck's Native American Pottery!" 

Oh, that's not even a joke...?

Damn.

All the good jokes are taken.

:D

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

There's nothing more encouraging than a sad face reaction to a well judged joke I find :p

lol based on your recent comment in CA forum that Mile High charged a pretty penny for "newsstands" when you were a spidey completionist....... that made your costs go up (shrug) 

15 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Thank God the thief didn't take the newsstand copies or the loss would be 200 times greater.

I thought there was a twinge of sincerity to this post... :sumo: 

No twinge? then I'm twingy all on my own :sorry: 

16 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Man, comic book theft is getting out of hand these days. Too much publicity and high prices are really bringing the vermin out of the woodworks. No matter how you feel about Chuckles, theft is theft. This is bad for dealers and collectors alike. Hope they catch the a hole.

Actually you are right, public opinion seems to be all comics are gold bricks. In turn this also makes it very unsafe for buyers meeting people to trade comics, can you imagine being knifed over a $2 comic, SCARY!  

46 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Actually you are right, public opinion seems to be all comics are gold bricks. In turn this also makes it very unsafe for buyers meeting people to trade comics, can you imagine being knifed over a $2 comic, SCARY!  

A local guy was to meet a guy on a Craigslist deal for a couple of books in a parking lot. In broad daylight 3 guys with knives made him open his trunk and made off with a whole small box of nice books. Very scary indeed. 

I did a similar deal once at a local police station and had no problem...

4 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Is that $42K in Mile High asking prices or in actual realized sale prices? Because we may talking about a few hundred dollars

Laughed out loud at this one. This joke never ever gets old. Ever!

While we're talking about Mile High, I figured I'd mention that I bought two copies of the same book from them on eBay recently. They delivered one copy (I'm assuming it was a duplicate listing but both were active), and they included a letter that gave me a credit in their store, rather than the money back. So I sent them a message, politely saying thanks but no thanks, I'd like the money not a credit. That was at least a week ago and they haven't bothered responding yet. EVERY TIME I have to contact them it takes multiple attempts before they actually respond

27 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

While we're talking about Mile High, I figured I'd mention that I bought two copies of the same book from them on eBay recently. They delivered one copy (I'm assuming it was a duplicate listing but both were active), and they included a letter that gave me a credit in their store, rather than the money back. So I sent them a message, politely saying thanks but no thanks, I'd like the money not a credit. That was at least a week ago and they haven't bothered responding yet. EVERY TIME I have to contact them it takes multiple attempts before they actually respond

why not just get the refund through ebay?

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Let's be fair here.  Just because we don't like Chuck's business model it doesn't mean he deserves to have someone break into his store and steal anything.  And what if that thief targets you or I next time?

I agree.  But also, the jokes are pretty funny.  I would also add that if I had $50-100,000 worth of  comics, jewelry...almost anything - I would lock that stuff up, away, (the biggies anyway)  every night.  An extra 5 or 10 minutes a day to remove them from the case.  It isn't that hard to get into most buildings, one way or another.  An alarm only notifies police after the break has occurred.

Edited by Spidey 62