• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile High Comics robbed!?!
4 4

283 posts in this topic

The "Avengers" book is work about $14,000, according to experts.

I "wonder" who these experts are?

I'll sell him my 2.0 Avengers #1 for $8000, you know, just cause I feel sorry for his loss.  He would come out ahead after the insurance pays off

Apparently, the thief left the current MHC discount code written on a note by the cash register. Accordingly, he received a discount on the reported $42,000 worth of stolen comic books.

Yes, lame, like $42,000 worth.

8 minutes ago, jason4 said:

I just got an avengers 1 cgc 1.5 for 1200... they said over 7k format 2.0? That is ridiculous 

Nice!

I've never ordered from Mile High.

I've never been a "mile high", though, to even consider buying from them...

7 hours ago, aszumilo said:

How is it revenue lost?  Who was gonna buy those books at those prices?

I would assume it is revenue lost because the store was closed due to the break in.

Just now, Crops068 said:

I just thought about it, does that store not have an alarm system?

Or at least lights and a camera during closed up hours?

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

They have the camera(s) but I would think an alarm system would have been step numero uno.  Even the smaller shops I went to back home all had alarm systems.  From the video the guy was in there for 20 minutes.  He had essentially all the time in the world to clean out those showcases.  Stuff just isn't lining up to this story imo.

Wouldn’t put an insurance job past him. Especially since I suspect there’s no way he’s selling enough dollar bin drek to keep five warehouses and who knows how many employees afloat. 

24 minutes ago, Crops068 said:
27 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They have the camera(s) but I would think an alarm system would have been step numero uno.  Even the smaller shops I went to back home all had alarm systems.  From the video the guy was in there for 20 minutes.  He had essentially all the time in the world to clean out those showcases.  Stuff just isn't lining up to this story imo.

Oh I hadn't seen the video, but idk, I would think that he had an alarm too.... 

4 hours ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Apparently, the thief left the current MHC discount code written on a note by the cash register. Accordingly, he received a discount on the reported $42,000 worth of stolen comic books.

Yes, lame, like $42,000 worth.

He got the Five Finger discount, heheee