• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile High Comics robbed!?!
4 4

283 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

hopefully this still stands! kav was right and i was wrong, the motion carries and shall so stipulate!

ALL RISE!

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

giphy.gif

I watched the wave start at a concert once.  This lady kept standing and sitting and urging people around her to do likewise.  Slowly more and more people did it then the wave started in a sudden fashion and swept back and forth.

On 5/28/2019 at 1:33 PM, Iceman399 said:

This was on one of the other posts for the value of the books stolen...

61416675_447055325839897_3629147038978932736_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=f33fe3f798a00dcbdcab079f879a26f4&oe=5D91A7A1

Over the near 20 years I've been here, I've heard everything negative thrown at Chuck and his pricing. With the exception of maybe one or two times where I joined-in on the pile-on, I did feel some of it was a little heavy handed and harsh. This might have been one of those times, since I do agree, theft is theft. And I've known reporters to run a story with factually incorrect information, so when I see the list, and the number being thrown around, my first thought is maybe it was reported in error.

Then I see this handwritten note, and assuming this was something MH produced, all that gets thrown out the window.

And I hate to sound like I'm venting here at the same time, but my HO rates went up this year. Not by a little either. And certainly not because I had a claim - I haven't had one. Ever. Not on our properties, not on our vehicles. In fact, I'm usually the type of person that will pay out of pocket before I put in a claim, because I don't want my rates to go up. I had my vehicle broken into just after Christmas, they took everything, including all my ID and about $300 in cash. I had planned to add some items to the schedule this year which I have added to my collection, but have had to put that on hold because of the unexpected increase.

When I asked my insurance why my rates went up, they told me it was because everyone else around me put in claims (mostly for storm damage). The "risk rating" not only shot up in all the areas where we have properties, but coincidentally also went up for our vehicles because of vehicle break-ins. You don't put in claims thinking it will help keep your rates the same, or possibly lower them, but somehow, insurers find a way to recover their losses even with customers who are claims free.

So to hear someone pulling values out of their butt like this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  And while I've always felt it was his prerogative to price his stuff as he pleases (and conversely, should expect the backlash from it), to over valuate in this manner is wrong, particularly if it's the value basis for an insurance claim. 

Edited by comicwiz

2 hours ago, kav said:

I had a co worker whose son decided to rob the McDonald's-he used to work at.  He stayed away from home for 3 days then when he came driving back the cops were waiting for him.  Stacks of money in the vehicle.  Crime makes ya stupid.

I wouldn’t have thought there was stacks of money in a McDonald’s to steal 

5 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

I wouldn’t have thought there was stacks of money in a McDonald’s to steal 

sure in the safe they have like $5,000

On 5/28/2019 at 1:33 PM, Iceman399 said:

This was on one of the other posts for the value of the books stolen...

61416675_447055325839897_3629147038978932736_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=f33fe3f798a00dcbdcab079f879a26f4&oe=5D91A7A1

is this list for real ?? 

wow i almost think it is some kind of joke.....

someone should break down the worst rip-offs from the list and or the actual values of some of these "stratospheric high comics book"

10 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

is this list for real ?? 

wow i almost think it is some kind of joke.....

someone should break down the worst rip-offs from the list and or the actual values of some of these "stratospheric high comics book"

mind boggiling

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

just took a quick look on eBay and a Batman #103 CGC 5.0 recently sold for $190

and some raw good condition ones were around 30 - 50 bucks....

NOT $290

Don’t forget his copy was likely overgraded 

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

just took a quick look on eBay and a Batman #103 CGC 5.0 recently sold for $190

and some raw good condition ones were around 30 - 50 bucks....

NOT $290

and even if his is a G as he states thats not F keep in mind.  

Edited by kav

If you look at chucky's feedback you'll see he mostly sells $2-$7 books.  None of that other gibberish of his seems to move.

Edited by kav