• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile High Comics robbed!?!
4 4

283 posts in this topic

Who just sits on massive inventory like this waiting for a huge influx of suckers??????

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

unbelievable .... and how much do you think they would offer you if yours was in the exact some condition as the one they are trying to sell for $772 ?? 

$35

Just now, kav said:

Who just sits on massive inventory like this waiting for a huge influx of suckers??????

Res nothing else he can do. He bought semi trucks full of drek at every show for a couple decades trying to build the worlds largest comic inventory. He has thousands upon thousands of copies of Supreme #1 but is out of stock of every single even slightly collectible comic, he’s just waiting for the drek to be worth a fortune

3 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Res nothing else he can do. He bought semi trucks full of drek at every show for a couple decades trying to build the worlds largest comic inventory. He has thousands upon thousands of copies of Supreme #1 but is out of stock of every single even slightly collectible comic, he’s just waiting for the drek to be worth a fortune

dang you're right.  his actual collectible stuff in limited supply.  Hell he can charge what he likes if he would just stop saying "comics book" I would be happy!

The most significant comic collector in history doesnt even know they are called "comic books" not "comics books"
wth

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

i would be very leery if i was an insurance co. on this one

when he calls them I'm sure his business has been 'flagged' 

Screenshot 2019-06-19 at 5.15.11 PM.png

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i would be very leery if i was an insurance co. 

A while back someone who was in a car forum of mine made news because he dumped too much money into a Ford Ranger and couldn’t sell it. It came up “missing” and was insured for $100k. The insurance company wrote him a check for like 2 grand, they fought back and fourth, and I think eventually settled for like 16k

8 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

A while back someone who was in a car forum of mine made news because he dumped too much money into a Ford Ranger and couldn’t sell it. It came up “missing” and was insured for $100k. The insurance company wrote him a check for like 2 grand, they fought back and fourth, and I think eventually settled for like 16k

I had a buddy who was determined to sell a 20 year old toyota pickup with 240,000 miles on it for 14K.  He had dumped about 20K into the thing in the past- custom suspension etc.  I kept telling him over and over it doesnt matter what he put into the vehicle it has 240,000 MILES ON IT.  Deluxe suspension means NOTHING, if the thing stops running.  He eventually traded it for 1500 worth of construction work.

Edited by kav

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i wonder why that thief even bothered with the GD  Batman #103 ?? (n reality probably a Fr-GD with tape, detached cover and centerfold loose) 

well he worked for Chuck so thats wut he thought it was worth-

On 5/28/2019 at 1:33 PM, Iceman399 said:

This was on one of the other posts for the value of the books stolen...

61416675_447055325839897_3629147038978932736_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=f33fe3f798a00dcbdcab079f879a26f4&oe=5D91A7A1

I just checked current "Buy-it-now" listings on eBay for these books and averaged the prices for each one.

It appears the actual value for all of them is $4,784,238.56

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:
On 5/28/2019 at 10:33 AM, Iceman399 said:

This was on one of the other posts for the value of the books stolen...

61416675_447055325839897_3629147038978932736_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=f33fe3f798a00dcbdcab079f879a26f4&oe=5D91A7A1

is this list for real ?? 

wow i almost think it is some kind of joke.....

someone should break down the worst rip-offs from the list and or the actual values of some of these "stratospheric high comics book"

Taking Chuck's grades, where possible, I come up with a very different value.  I used GPA 90 day values for most books, except a couple I had to use 12 month average.  The All Star 18 did not have a grade listed by Chuck, so, I used the 8.5 GPA value. I did not price the McFarlane art or the Superman certificate.  The ASM 129 did not have a listing with only Conway's signature, so, I used the Romita/Conway signature value.

image.png.977103de9eb42c484ac89f9dce716c7e.png