• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile High Comics robbed!?!
4 4

283 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

i wonder how much he sells Youngblood #1 for ?? 

wonder no more-$45,876,987.09

26 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

Taking Chuck's grades, where possible, I come up with a very different value.  I used GPA 90 day values for most books, except a couple I had to use 12 month average.  The All Star 18 did not have a grade listed by Chuck, so, I used the 8.5 GPA value. I did not price the McFarlane art or the Superman certificate.  The ASM 129 did not have a listing with only Conway's signature, so, I used the Romita/Conway signature value.

image.png.977103de9eb42c484ac89f9dce716c7e.png

thank you ! this is an eye opener and mind blowing fascinating to compare i

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

thank you ! this is an eye opener and mind blowing fascinating to compare i

basically chuckie charges from 3 times to ten times the going rate.

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

i just read that a new modern Youngblood is out on the stands these days ... there is a thread in the modern section..

better stock up on them before they take off kav !!

:flipbait:

ebay here I come

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

If Chuck had a VG AF 15 in stock is there any reason to believe he would not be asking at least six figures for it ???????

There is no such reason

26 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i just read that a new modern Youngblood is out on the stands these days ... there is a thread in the modern section..

better stock up on them before they take off kav !!

:flipbait:

First off, no, it's been finished for quite some time now. Second, it was actually pretty darn good. Liefeld only did alternate covers, with top-quality art by at the time newcomer Jim Towe, and writing by Chad Bowers. 

Now, let's be honest, it'll never take off in the marketplace, but is that really a necessary criteria for judging whether or not it's a good read? Sometimes a fun book is just a fun book, and that's exactly what that Youngblood series is. 

Krep on Liefeld all you want. However, don't rubbish stuff you have absolutely zero clue about. There's enough misconceptions going around in the comic world, why add to it with your own ignorance? 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

5 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

The prices I posted are CGC graded prices.  He is charging those prices on RAW books.

omg

Technically he's not really charging those prices because no one is paying those prices.

Think of it as performance art.

16 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

image.png.f334fec04bd93bcdbd2b33609b432a5c.png

no matter how much you pay him he demands ANOTHER SHRUBBERY