• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile High Comics robbed!?!
4 4

283 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

But he gets to be that. He's not harming anyone. If people shop his stores, caveat emptor.

If comic collectors can't tolerate a few weirdos in their world, they've probably picked the wrong hobby.

I wish I had said to him Chuck why are your prices so out of whack??  

5 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

But he gets to be that. He's not harming anyone. If people shop his stores, caveat emptor.

he is financially harming anyone not knowledgeable about comics , which really comes into play when a wife or someone wants to surprise their husband with a valuable comic book gift for his birthday

and pays up to 10 times what is worth ,.. caveat emptor does not apply when someone well meaning gets burned big time financially

5 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

he is financially harming anyone not knowledgeable about comics , which really comes into play when a wife or someone wants to surprise their husband with a valuable comic book gift for his birthday

and pays up to 10 times what is worth ,.. caveat emptor does not apply when someone well meaning gets burned big time financially

So he's unscrupulous? Is that what you're saying? Do you think he does a lot of business from unknowing gift givers? Do you think he can support his business fleecing these people? 

Any collector of anything needs to firmly tell their spouse do not I repeat do not attempt to buy me a collectible-unless you understand the hobby fully you can get screwed over beyond belief or just get absolutely the wrong thing.  My mom bless her soul was always buying me art supplies.  I told her over and over not to do that.  

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

So he's unscrupulous? Is that what you're saying? Do you think he does a lot of business from unknowing gift givers? Do you think he can support his business fleecing these people? 

I think that is the staggering majority of all his sales that are over $5, possibly all of them

17 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Chuck did not rip off Edgar Church. 

Just have a read through this and tell me Church (Or his heirs) didn't get royally screwed by Chuck. He cleared out the house using 'chicken boxes' that held 300-400 books per box, he paid on a per box basis, and he dealt with an estate agent who's only concern was having the house emptied. The truth will never be known as to how much exactly was paid but I'll hazard guess and say it was way less than 5k. 

And how much has he made off them? He's a multi millionaire. He's also a scumbag!

http://www.milehighcomics.com/tales/cbg12.html

10 hours ago, kav said:

Any collector of anything needs to firmly tell their spouse do not I repeat do not attempt to buy me a collectible-unless you understand the hobby fully you can get screwed over beyond belief or just get absolutely the wrong thing.  My mom bless her soul was always buying me art supplies.  I told her over and over not to do that.  

She's a mother...That's their way of showing love bless them all.:foryou:

Theft sucks, regardless of whom it happens to. I don't deal with MHC often because I'd have to rob a bank to do serious shopping there, and I don't really have the skill set for all that. However, when I have called them up looking for a particular item, the staff have always been courteous. I disagree with his pricing structure, but its his business, he'll run it how he sees fit; and its not like I don't have a zillion other shops where I can take my business if (when) I feel he is grossly overestimating the value of his merchandise. Regardless of my opinion of his business methodology, I don't want any of us, collectors or retailers, to be robbed, injured, etc.; while our collections/inventories are a significant part of our lives/livelihood, its not worth being hurt or killed over.

Though if the criminal who cut himself robbing MHC turns around and sues Chuck because he was injured during the incident, I may laugh just a little bit at the absurdity.

14 hours ago, kav said:

I wish I had said to him Chuck why are your prices so out of whack??  

He has an answer to that. 

8ve asked him before, and his answer was befuddling. 

He said he prices books what they will be worth in the future, and thinks people will pay for it.

7 hours ago, oakman29 said:

He has an answer to that. 

8ve asked him before, and his answer was befuddling. 

He said he prices books what they will be worth in the future, and thinks people will pay for it.

I would have gone Judge Judy on him and said DO YOU KNOW HOW RIDICULOUS YOU SOUND???

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Here we go . So he pays alot of money for his premium space, abundant stock, and utilities.  Then he passes it onto the customer.  How special. 

except he doesnt pass squat cuz no one buys them hyper inflated books.  Just his $2 drek is all that moves.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

except he doesnt pass squat cuz no one buys them hyper inflated books.  Just his $2 drek is all that moves.

But his 2 dollar drek is selling for 10 dollars , because he's got premium stock. Hahahaha

Just now, oakman29 said:

But his 2 dollar drek is selling for 10 dollars , because he's got premium stock. Hahahaha

not true-check out his sold items!!  lol