• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile High Comics robbed!?!
4 4

283 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Scott W. said:

Does anyone here watch Live PD?  The Mile High Comics robbery was just spotlighted as their crime of the week, complete with the video (including plumber's crack) and a statement that the value of the stolen comics was over $40k. :roflmao:

Does that mean they're actually looking to catch and prosecute the thief?

Or is this insurance territory?

16 hours ago, Scott W. said:

Does anyone here watch Live PD?  The Mile High Comics robbery was just spotlighted as their crime of the week, complete with the video (including plumber's crack) and a statement that the value of the stolen comics was over $40k. :roflmao:

:censored:ing love Live PD, but I missed this! :pullhair:

Burglarized.  No one had a gun stuck in their face.  Not a robbery.

According to today's newsletter from Chuck, the bad guy has been caught.  He wrote.....

I will begin today's newsletter with the wonderful news that the police believe that they have arrested the person who broke into our store three weeks ago. They are certain enough that he is the culprit that the DA has already charged him with the crime, and he has bailed out of jail. I have a few further cogent details that I cannot yet reveal, but suffice it to say that all of us here at Mile High Comics are all quite happy

6 hours ago, Hudson said:

According to today's newsletter from Chuck, the bad guy has been caught.  He wrote.....

I will begin today's newsletter with the wonderful news that the police believe that they have arrested the person who broke into our store three weeks ago. They are certain enough that he is the culprit that the DA has already charged him with the crime, and he has bailed out of jail. I have a few further cogent details that I cannot yet reveal, but suffice it to say that all of us here at Mile High Comics are all quite happy

Great news..

24 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

His name is Ben Dover

here's ol Ben now-a former Mile High employee

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/crime/man-charged-with-burglary-theft-after-comics-worth-49k-stolen-from-mile-high-comics

Screenshot 2019-06-19 at 1.05.29 PM.png

Edited by kav

4 minutes ago, kav said:

How did he think that he'd get away with it? lol that's just O.o 

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

How did he think that he'd get away with it? lol that's just O.o 

I had a co worker whose son decided to rob the McDonald's-he used to work at.  He stayed away from home for 3 days then when he came driving back the cops were waiting for him.  Stacks of money in the vehicle.  Crime makes ya stupid.

He wore a mask but the employees easily recognized his voice-hey wasnt that Daniel?

1 minute ago, kav said:

He wore a mask but the employees easily recognized his voice-hey wasnt that Daniel?

Ya I didn't watch the video, but that's interesting, hm sad really (thumbsu 

Profilers will tell you criminals go after places they feel comfortable with.  In a homicide if the killer spends a lot of time in the home for example, that means he lives nearby.

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I didn't watch the video, but that's interesting, hm sad really (thumbsu 

what video

49 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

His name is Ben Dover

I don't think his name was Ben Dover the article clear states this

Francisco Ysidro Ruiz, 39,

Just now, Krishosein said:

I don't think his name was Ben Dover the article clear states this

Francisco Ysidro Ruiz, 39,

dont worry he'll get that new name-in prison