Thoughts on the rule: "State a specific price range that you WILL buy for"
6 6

42 posts in this topic

I'd like to think a big part of buying and selling comics is arriving at an agreed upon price to pay through discussion.  There are books in which sellers state 'FIRM', and I'm okay with that (these tend to be higher end books).  My vote would be 'no' to mandatory price listing in the WTB thread.  If the result is less response, then so be it ... Move on ... If another result is a dialogue ensuing between buyer and seller that ends successfully or unsuccessfully, then so be it ... Move on ... (shrug)

• Administrator

Thank you all for your input. You all introduced some great points from varying perspectives.

We’ve decided to update this rule in the guidelines for use as follows:

State a specific price range that you WILL buy for (depending on condition / grade). You may also state that you are open to offers outside of the range (similar to an "or best offer" statement from a seller). You may also site a SPECIFIC price guide source and a % variation from there that you are willing to pay. 
Stating a specific price range is no longer required. However, we do encourage buyers to give an indication of the price they’re willing to pay. The more specific you are, the more likely a seller will take the time to help you out.

Thank you!