• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maybe I missed something
1 1

35 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Are you wearing your glasses? Looks like a 9.4+, easily, to me.

It has a heavily rounded corner, spine ticks and writing on the cover.  It was gifted, I don't care how rare it is...  Let's just agree to disagree on this one again...

20 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Stan has a stash of these (or at least he did 5-6 years ago.) I made a pitch to him to help him get them graded in exchange for one of them. He politely declined. He is such a cool dude, but damn I wish I had been more persuasive that day . . .

He's a great guy. 

Someone might approach him to see if he wants to do sig series file copies a la Dave Sim. 

3 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

It has a heavily rounded corner, spine ticks and writing on the cover.  It was gifted, I don't care how rare it is...  Let's just agree to disagree on this one again...

Not sure what book you're looking at. No "heavily rounded corner". Staples are not spine ticks. Obviously you're not aware of CGC's standards about certain writing practices...

So, yeah, "agree to disagree"... :roflmao:

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Nice HQ zoom. [/s]

The corner makes it a 9.6 - and that's it.

Hey I didn't say it was a terrible book and I am sure it is quite rare.  As for writing or date stamps I have my opinion and CGC has theirs, it doesn't mean I have to buy them of course I am knocking out maybe 60 percent of the older books when I make this demand.  In this case I don't think writing the year on the book was done by the store, it was done by the buyer.  Hey it could be worse, the 102k bid guy could be buying a boat!

Just now, Karl Liebl said:

Hey I didn't say it was a terrible book and I am sure it is quite rare.  As for writing or date stamps I have my opinion and CGC has theirs, it doesn't mean I have to buy them of course I am knocking out maybe 60 percent of the older books when I make this demand.  In this case I don't think writing the year on the book was done by the store, it was done by the buyer.  Hey it could be worse, the 102k bid guy could be buying a boat!

It matches CGC's standards for a 9.6, though. That's my primary contention.

And, yeah, that would be worse. lol

On 5/29/2019 at 11:42 AM, october said:

He's a great guy. 

Someone might approach him to see if he wants to do sig series file copies a la Dave Sim. 

I was listening to one of his interviews recently and Sakai stated that with two exceptions he hasn't sold ANY of his OA pages either.