• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED!!! JUNK SALE! Huge sale with Tons of Comics and Weird Stuff
5 5

264 posts in this topic

Weird Fantasy #11 Jan-Feb 1952 EC Pubs

Outstanding Feldstein cover on this one. Art by Wood (two stories), Kamen, and Orlando

Really nice, bright, smooth spine, solid and complete copy. Has a light waterstain on back cover. Book has a slight ripple. Staples have some rust but not really migrated to center. Too bad, because it's a beautiful copy otherwise. Tight, smooth spine. Cover is tight to book and centerfold. No creases, tears or splits. Fresh off white/white interior pages.

Was $90.   Now $80.

weirdfantasy11a.jpg

weirdfantasy11b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Ricky Nelson Four Color #1115 Sept 1960 Dell Pubs

Always liked Ricky and the Ozzie and Harriett show. And Rick was always sooo smooth with the ladies. Just look at those eyes. Fun teen age book!

Nice, tight complete copy. Has some light bends, upper right and lower right corner creases. A "35" in a circle mark on cover at top. No tears or missing pieces. Tight, well attached cover and spine. Yellowed but flexible pages.

Was $20.   Now $15. poor Ricky...

rickynelson1.jpg

rickynelson2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Race for the Moon #3 Nov 1958 Harvey Pubs

Great art in this issue. Lots of Kirby and Al Williamson. Quality stuff.

Book is a bit tanned. The covers are neatly split and detached. Small piece out of back cover. Interior paper is lightly tanned but fresh and supple. A great reader and looks good in the bag.

$15.

racetomoom1.jpg

racetomoon2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Awake! 1983 Anti Comics Giveaway from the Watchtower

Funny, that this should come up again after Wertham but it did over and over. Funny article with illustrations. Unusual!

Nice, tight, clean copy with no tears or creses. Printed on Newsprint. 7" x 9" 32 pages. Has a light "subscription" fold down center otherwise no problems. Save your children from the evils of comic books!

Was $40. Then $35.  Now $30.  One you probably will seldom if ever see again...

awake1.jpg

awake2.jpg

awake3.jpg

awake4.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

14 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Race for the Moon #3 Nov 1958 Harvey Pubs

Great art in this issue. Lots of Kirby and Al Williamson. Quality stuff.

Book is a bit tanned. The covers are neatly split and detached. Small piece out of back cover. Interior paper is lightly tanned but fresh and supple. A great reader and looks good in the bag.

$15.

racetomoom1.jpg

racetomoon2.jpg

Take

Crown Comics #4 Winter 1945 Golfing Pubs

Classic Matt Baker cover used in the "Art of Glamor" (Baker bio). Has interior art by Baker as well as Al Feldstein. Great Voodah GGA story.

A bright, clean complete copy. No major pieces missing and no creases. Book is neatly detached from cover at single staple. Neat 1" upper spine split.A couple of very small chips off right side at top. Small 1/2" tear at bottom of cover. Centerfold snug to book. Great book at an affordable price.

Was $175. at just about what I paid for it I think.  Now $165. less than I paid for classic Baker?

crown4a.jpg

crown4b.jpg

crown4c.jpg

crown4d.jpg

crown4e.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Bugs Bunny Four Color #250 1949 Dell Pubs

Cool issue with inappropriate racial behavior. Used by the good Doctor in Seduction of the Innocent!  Fun book!

A real nice, flat, clean, bright copy with smooth spine. Has a few minor spine bends and slightly nicked at top corner. Tiny tear in back cover at bottom. Nice color with no real tears, pieces missing or creases. Cover snug to book and centerfold. Yellowed, supple pages with no interior damage.

$35.

bugsbunny1.jpg

bugsbunny2.jpg

bugsbunny3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Amazing Stories Pulp April 1948

What a cover! Giant spider threatens couple in an airplane caught in it's web. This is what spiders from Mars look like I guess. Back cover ain't bad either.

Real nice, tight copy with great color. Spine is square and tight with full paper. A few of the usual overhand cover tears as is common with pulps. A couple small pieces of back cover corner and at bottom. A little buggy at top of spine but not real bad.

Was $30.  Then $25.   Now $20.! Come on, have you ever seen a scarier spider cover? What would this go for if it were a comic book?

pulpamazing1.jpg

pulpamazing2.jpg

pulpamazing3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Rangers #50 Dec 1949 Friction House Pubs

Has a George Evans story and full of the usual FH GGA and great stories. Oh, bondage cover, yeah, it's there...

Sharp, bright and complete. Has a small faded "SF" stamp on cover (came from the San Francisco area in a collection I got. Bottom staple is neatly popped. Bottom right corner has a fairly large corner crease. Does not break color much. Very slight top and bottom spine wear. A couple of tiny edge tears. Tight centerfold. White/Off White interior paper.

Was $45.   Then $40.   Now $35.!

rangers50a.jpg

rangers50b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

A Date With Judy #57 March 1957 DC Pubs

Cute beach GGA cover. Nice cheese cake art inside

Has a long, diagonal cover crease. A little light wear along spine and edges. Small name inked on cover. Nice off white interior paper.

Was $15.   Still $15. OK, OK, OK  How about $10.?  too cheap GGA

datewithjudy57a.jpg

datewithjudy57b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

3 issues of the Alter Ego Fanzine. #1,  #11, and #21.

#1 has a Stan Lee and Julius Schwartz cover. Stan is roasted by Julius. JLA back cover. Interview with GA Green Lantern Irwin Hansen and more

#11 is an all Timely tribute issue lots of other GA features as well

#21 is a good one. Very obscure Dave Stevens Sheena cover. If you are a Stevens completest, you need this one. Paging Mike... Sheena tribute issue featuring Baker, Frazetta, Crandall, Eisner and more. LOTS of Friction house info. Has a small finger print on right side of cover.

$25. for all 3. The Stevens cover is worth it alone.

alterego.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

He-Man #2 July 1954 Toby Pubs

Epic shark cover on this short run 2 issue title. Horror Harbor is cool as well, fulla sharks! I really like this book!

Small piece out of middle cover edge.  Some minor top and bottom and spine wear. Small back cover tear.  Book and centerfold well attached to covers. Yellowed interior paper with no damage.

Was $25.   Still $25. I love this one...

heman2a.jpg

heman2b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

I Loved #29 Sept 1949 Fox Pubs

Usual sleezy Fox GGA art and stories. "I was Branded", "My Dangerous Romance" ect...

Has a little spine splitting repaired with a bit of glue inside front cover. A little corner wear. Some just general reading wear. Yellowed, supple interior pages.

$35.

iloved1.jpg

iloved2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Giggle #51 March 1948 ACG Pubs

Outrageous Abe Lincoln birthday cover! Politically incorrect racial story inside. Lots of funny animal violence. How weird is this one? Probably nobody here except me and Corey appreciate it but what the heck, I just got a nice upgrade.

Sharp, tight, copy with smooth spine. A few tiny foxing spots at top by spine and a little dirt on back cover. Well bound, smooth tight spine. No major creases or tears.

Was $30.   Now $25. such a cool book...

giggle51a.jpg

giggle51b.jpg

giggle51c.jpg

giggle51d.jpg

giggle51e.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Speed Comics #41 Jan 1946 Harvey Pubs

Nice WWII cover and content. Shock Gibson, Girl Commandos and more. Great title in hot demand. I just can't find or touch these anymore. :sorry:

Nice looking book. Flat, bright and smooth spine. Upper right corner is rounding a bit. A few light creases that do not break color. Small tear at top of back cover. Book and centerfold snug to covers. Interior paper is cream.

$125.

speed41a.jpg

speed41b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Bugs Bunny Four Color #250 1949 Dell Pubs

Cool issue with inappropriate racial behavior. Used by the good Doctor in Seduction of the Innocent!  Fun book!

A real nice, flat, clean, bright copy with smooth spine. Has a few minor spine bends and slightly nicked at top corner. Tiny tear in back cover at bottom. Nice color with no real tears, pieces missing or creases. Cover snug to book and centerfold. Yellowed, supple pages with no interior damage.

$35.

bugsbunny1.jpg

bugsbunny2.jpg

bugsbunny3.jpg

Take