• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED!!! JUNK SALE! Huge sale with Tons of Comics and Weird Stuff
5 5

264 posts in this topic

Northwest Mounties Approved #12 Aug 1954 St. John Pubs

Beautiful Matt Baker cover! Some cool crime stories inside including a Chessler Blue Monk story.

Has some light water rippling and very light stains. Lower right corner has a small corner crease as well as a smaller one on back cover. Top of spine has a very neat 1-1/2" split. Both staples neatly popped but cover seems to be still attached. No pieces missing, tears or other creases. Nice color and presents very well.

Was $125. Now $100.!

northwestmponties1.jpg

northwestmponties2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, that is finally it for this thread!  I am setting up at a local show tomorrow but will not be bringing any of these books so as my friend Catrick says: "Feel free to pick the Carcass".  I might post a few more tomorrow or Monday if I pick up anything noteworthy. I will probably close this down on Monday and send invoices out Monday or Tuesday.  Thanks for checking this thread out and back to your regularly scheduled programming...

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Robin Hood #5 Oct 1956 Quality Pubs

As per the other issue, not Baker covers, but great Baker art inside!

A tight, flat, complete copy with tight, smooth spine. Has a lower right thin cover crease. Very light wear with no other creases, tears or pieces missing. Snug book and covers. Off white interior pages.

$30.

robinhood5a.jpg

robinhood5b.jpg

I’ll take it

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:39 PM, Robot Man said:

More cool stuff that aren't comic books just to annoy you "purists"  :devil:

Batman & Robin "Deputy Crime Fighter" 1966 Pinback Button

Large 3-1/2" round Cello covered pinback. Features The Riddler, The Joker and The Penguin. From the heart of the TV show merchandising craze. Beautiful condition with no splitting, foxing or any major damage. Bright and clean

$65.  No discounts, I don't care if I sell it or not...

batmanpin.jpg

OK, new discounts are in place. Some of these have been cut 3 times to the bone. One even turned into a freebee!  Too tired to do an official re-cap. Just take a couple of minutes to scroll through. You mind find something so cool and so cheap, that you just can't live without.

Picked up a few new things today at the Flea and a small local Comic Show. Will post them in a few minutes...

On 5/28/2019 at 7:26 PM, Robot Man said:

Switch gears time...

Here is a lot of 4 late '90's early 20's art auction catalogs from Russ Cochran. #49,50,54 and 83.

Highligh is the issue with the spectacular Frazetta Thunda art. (starting bid $100-150K). Wonder what it went for? Seems like a great deal now I suppose. There is also EC art in full stories including hand colored Marie Severin watercolor studies done for the EC sets. I mean $300.-$500 for the MAD #1? What was I thinking? Pulp art, strip art, sketches... All the greats. This stuff is wonderful to just drool over. Included with be a couple of freebees as a surprise...

Was $40.   Then $30.   Now $25!

cochran1.jpg

Take - great fodder for awe and regret.  :takeit:

On 5/31/2019 at 11:22 AM, Robot Man said:

Girl Comics #6 Jan 1951 Atlas Pubs

Title is a little misleading. This is not really a romance book. A mixture of horror and crime stories with a girl theme. Kind of hard to find.

A real nice, bright, flat, clean complete copy. Smooth, tight spine with book and centerfold bound well to covers. Slightly wrinkled on back cover. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Off white/white interior pages. Sharp copy!

Was $40.   Then $35.   Now $30!

girl6a.jpg

girl6b.jpg

:takeit:

On 5/30/2019 at 6:20 PM, Robot Man said:

A Date With Judy #57 March 1957 DC Pubs

Cute beach GGA cover. Nice cheese cake art inside

Has a long, diagonal cover crease. A little light wear along spine and edges. Small name inked on cover. Nice off white interior paper.

Was $15.   Still $15. OK, OK, OK  How about $10.?  too cheap GGA

datewithjudy57a.jpg

datewithjudy57b.jpg

I’ll take for $10

Amazing Stories Pulp Dec 1951 Ziff Davis Pubs

What a great cover! Talk about "Mid Century Modern"?

Nice, bright cover. Square, full paper spine. A few small light cover creases and some minor pulp overhang tears. Tight copy with real nice interior paper

$25.

pulpamazingstories12:51a.jpg

pulpamazingstories12:51b.jpg

pulpamazingstories12:51c.jpg

Fantastic Adventures Pulp 9/41 Ziff Davis Pubs

What a great cover! Hot girl in bondage with a weird melting man cover!  Just had to buy this one...

This one is a little rough. Square, tight spine but missing a little paper at top and bottom. Lots of edge tears and small creases. Paper is real supple and presents OK

$15.

pulpfantasticadv s9:41a.jpg

pulpfantasticadv s9:41b.jpg

pulpfantasticadv s9:41c.jpg

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

Is this a take by Norrin's Lawyer?  If not I'll take it.

If you mean the Batman button, I don't see a take under it. Don't know why he did that?

So, if that is what you are refering to, I guess it's yours...

On 6/1/2019 at 2:14 PM, Robot Man said:

Startling Stories March 1950 Pulp Magazine Thrilling Pubs

Simply awsome GGA Halloween cover!  Very few pulps have Halloween covers and this is one of the best. I can't find enough copies of this any more. Usually sell real fast on my display rack at shows. Wonder why? 

Nice, complete copy with full, square paper spine. Usual pulp overhand tears. Nothing real bad. Cover is neatly split about 3/4th the way up. Small chip out of bottom right and bottom of cover. Small "25" in grease pencil on cover. Back cover has some light water staining. Nice, flexible interior paper with no flaking.

Was $35.  Now $30.!  What would this be worth if it were a comic book?

pulpstartlingwitch1.jpg

pulpstartlingwitch2.jpg

pulpstartlingwitch3.jpg

Take please!

SOLD!

Fantastic Novels #6 March 1948 Better Publications

I believe this is the first "Ship of Ishtar by A.Merritt. Nice, headlights cover.

A beautiful copy! Tight, square full paper spine. Cover is bright and glossy with nothing missing. Back cover is white. A few minor, small edge tears. Yellowed but very fresh interior paper. I love pulps like this!

$25.

pulpfantasticnovels3:48.a.jpg

pulpfantasticnovels3:48.b.jpg

pulpfantasticnovels3:48.c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man