Clink Spring Featured Auction - if you got 'em post 'em
2 2

45 posts in this topic

23,952 posts

congrats to both !

29,543 posts

I didn't bid on it, but the Action #33 was a beauty.

58,306 posts
13 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I snagged this one.

batman47.jpg

Ty

1,049 posts
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Ty

Well that was a reveal. Nice book

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

12,824 posts
42 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Ty

Was that your copy Rick?  If so I am adding the label “From the Collection of G.A.Tor” (thumbsu

12,824 posts

If a Board member won the Marvel Mystery 36, I apologize from the bottom of my heart for running the price up so much.  :foryou:

559 posts
9 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

If a Board member won the Marvel Mystery 36, I apologize from the bottom of my heart for running the price up so much.  :foryou:

well wasn't me but I was the under bidder on the More Fun Comics #55 2.0.  I didn't deploy an at any price type strategy but the book is just so cool.

1,049 posts
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I was the underbidder, and stopped at $8k.   I promised myself a few months ago I was going to take a break from buying, so 4.5 times guide was as high as my somewhat elastic code of honor would allow.

Wait, I just reread your post.  So you didn't get it either??!!  I was actually picturing catman_america as the guy with whom I was doing battle on the book.

Oh, well.  I'd been looking for a high grade copy of that book for a long time.

At the risk of repetition, allow me to repeat an earlier post:    

My winnings so far -

(This Page Intentionally Left Blank)

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

12,824 posts
4 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I was the underbidder, and stopped at $8k.  When I promised myself I was going to take a break from buying, I figured my code of honor require that I give up at 4.5 time guide.  Wait, I just reread your post.  So you didn't get it either??!!

Oh, well.  I'd been looking for a high grade copy of that book for a long time.

No, I didn't get it.  I agonized about bumping my bid higher at the end but I set my max to $5k, then $7 and I got outbid shortly after each bid.  If iy had a back cover scan I may have gone higher.  It looked great from the cover scan.  I guess I will mark that one off my list.  I got smoked on just about everything in this auction.

242 posts
5 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Today’s wins. The Jungle I was loaded for bear to take down. The Phantom Lady was a deal I couldn’t pass up. 

3E992FB3-A566-49AE-B9C2-AE6358860571.jpeg

Nicely done on all your scores! I bet that Jungle looks amazing in hand. You stole this Phantom Lady - great catch!

242 posts

Did someone out here win this one? I got sidetracked and missed the end of the auction. If you took it down, I can offer you an instant profit :) It's one of those covers that leaves a nasty pit in my stomach... so it fits well into the "WTF were they thinking" area of my collection.

cdnp46.thumb.jpg.4942996ba2322f9570830de521578eef.jpg