• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No More CGC Submissions for me
3 3

222 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, NoMan said:

:gossip:  yes, but you’re too late for the big Magik Woo collection Heritage sold off. I don’t believe his books were pressed. So junkies gonna junk!

You Know its sad... I just sent in 4 books for pressing and grading fast track.  Umm Yeah 1200 bucks.  I valued the books at 200 each.  No way around it this stuff aint cheap.  I am not even planning on selling them!  Fortunately I only have about 5 more to submit from my stinky mini collection.  Slabbing books is not for the feignt of heart.  Now I am going to get a knife shoved in to the hilt.  I have never been pleasantly surprised.  It is a total carp shoot with worse odds than Vegas.  I can understand the OP feelings.  This is a service for the BUYER not the seller...

On 5/30/2019 at 7:11 AM, moemaya said:

excellent suggestion..did you read my post?

Im not tooting my horn, but if I assess a book at 8.0, my customers agree and are satisfied with their purchase. So when my 8.0 comes back as a 6.0, thats a big difference.

On the last batch of books you got back, what did the NOTES say? Perhaps that may help you learn where you may have gone astray?

11 hours ago, NoMan said:

:gossip:  yes, but you’re too late for the big Magik Woo collection Heritage sold off. I don’t believe his books were pressed. So junkies gonna junk!

No matter how hard I beat on the door I can't get Magik Woo to answer. You gotta admire the J.D. Salinger of the comic world. 

11 minutes ago, NoMan said:

No matter how hard I beat on the door I can't get Magik Woo to answer. You gotta admire the J.D. Salinger of the comic world. 

Magik makes appearances at the Calgary Expo, not every year but every second year?

He has lots of stories and he talks about where he located his great comic collection including the high grade Suspense Comics 3.

The show this April he talked to me about his motorcycle trips ( and an accident ) and he talked about Intelligent Collector magazine and handed out free copies to all the vendors all over the show.

58 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Magik makes appearances at the Calgary Expo, not every year but every second year?

He has lots of stories and he talks about where he located his great comic collection including the high grade Suspense Comics 3.

The show this April he talked to me about his motorcycle trips ( and an accident ) and he talked about Intelligent Collector magazine and handed out free copies to all the vendors all over the show.

Thanks. I have the Intelligent Collector magazine with his interview. I have one of his prized books so I feel a kinship. Perhaps he just ignores me. I don't blame him. I've been ignored by wacky UHF TeeVee preachers, directors and cinematographers of high school drives' ed films, and on and on. I can't really blame someone for ignoring me. I rarely make a good first impression. 

11 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

You Know its sad... I just sent in 4 books for pressing and grading fast track.  Umm Yeah 1200 bucks.  I valued the books at 200 each.  No way around it this stuff aint cheap.

Did you just make a typo here?  ???

Are you saying that you just sent in 4 books with an overall total value of only $800 and the pressing and grading fees are going to come out to $1,200?  Now, I know that CGC is expensive, but hopefully they can't be that expensive or nobody in their right minds would ever submit any books to them.  (shrug)

11 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

You Know its sad... I just sent in 4 books for pressing and grading fast track.  Umm Yeah 1200 bucks.  I valued the books at 200 each. 

Image result for jon stewart spits gif

16 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
4 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:
23 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Why are you reluctant to post scans or a link to your ebay items?

:popcorn:

:whatev:

:taptaptap:

Edited by Jeffro™

5 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:
22 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 5/30/2019 at 1:13 PM, Pontoon said:

:screwy:

8 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:
24 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 5/30/2019 at 10:13 AM, Pontoon said:

32cjof.gif

4 minutes ago, Park said:
13 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:
29 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

32cjof.gif

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:
12 minutes ago, Park said:
20 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:
37 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
5 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:

32cjof.gif

giphy.gif

aramajapan_aramajapan_femm-open-post-twe

21 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
29 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:
34 minutes ago, Park said:
42 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:
59 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
5 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:
On 5/30/2019 at 10:13 AM, Pontoon said:

32cjof.gif

giphy.gif

aramajapan_aramajapan_femm-open-post-twe

32cn33.gif

3 hours ago, NoMan said:
14 hours ago, NoMan said:

What do you mean by your term of "beat on the door"?  ???

Do you mean talk to him in person or by telephone.  Or do you expect him to answer you on the boards here, since I doubt this would ever happen because like most comic collectors, I don't think he spends any time at all on the boards here :gossip: