• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No More CGC Submissions for me
3 3

222 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

What do you mean by your term of "beat on the door"?  ???

Do you mean talk to him in person or by telephone.  Or do you expect him to answer you on the boards here, since I doubt this would ever happen because like most comic collectors, I don't think he spends any time at all on the boards here :gossip:

"Beat on the door" meaning let the comic community I'm involved with know that I own a book from his collection and I'm looking for an audience (phone or person) with the reclusive Mr. Woo pertaining to that book.

:gossip: - like any kinda detective work you start where you can. Anything's possible until it's proven not to be possible. Again, you gotta start somewhere. I dunno know if he's here or not but I've put a lot of this puzzle of mine together by posting here. When I post here PMs do come in and, as I've said, the puzzle is starting to fit together. Or talking with Heritage. So I feel I'm doing well.

Edited by NoMan

7 minutes ago, Park said:
29 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
36 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:
41 minutes ago, Park said:
50 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:
1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
5 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:
On 5/30/2019 at 1:13 PM, Pontoon said:

Why are you reluctant to post scans or a link to your ebay items?

:popcorn:

:whatev:

:taptaptap:

32cjof.gif

giphy.gif

aramajapan_aramajapan_femm-open-post-twe

32cn33.gif

2Ccq.gif

32 minutes ago, NoMan said:
38 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

What do you mean by your term of "beat on the door"?  ???

Do you mean talk to him in person or by telephone.  Or do you expect him to answer you on the boards here, since I doubt this would ever happen because like most comic collectors, I don't think he spends any time at all on the boards here :gossip:

"Beat on the door" meaning let the comic community I'm involved with know that I own a book from his collection and I'm looking for an audience (phone or person) with the reclusive Mr. Woo pertaining to that book.

Definitely not reclusive since he loves to talk about the books in his collection and sometimes to the point that some of the local people here seems to get tired of hearing about them.  :blahblah:  lol

Many of the old time collectors including some of the biggies like the Dentist don't ever bother to spend any time on these boards here which seems to be much more the home for the CGC generation of collectors.  Well, with respect to Dave, except for that one and only explosive unforgettable post that he did make here several years ago.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely not reclusive since he loves to talk about the books in his collection and sometimes to the point that some of the local people here seems to get tired of hearing about them.  :blahblah:  lol

Many of the old time collectors including some of the biggies like the Dentist don't ever bother to spend any time on these boards here which seems to be much more the home for the CGC generation of collectors.  Well, with respect to Dave, except for that one and only explosive unforgettable post that he did make here several years ago.  lol

I can't get to Canada at the moment. And if I could/can in the future I would have to set up a meeting in advance with Woo where at whatever the convention is that he talks everyone's ear off. The recluse comment came from Barry Sandoval at Heritage (along with a sleuthing strategy I've used in the past) Like I said, I've tracked down TV evangelists ( who can say they hung out with Robert Tilton?) and various ephemeral and industrial-jeopardy filmmakers. I actually want to ask Woo about his Hip-Hop-Lock-and-Bop (?) dancing career, also. 

I'm sorry I missed this "Dave." Link?

Edited by NoMan