• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

July Hake's Auction
1 1

79 posts in this topic

The July Hake's Auction will feature the splash to X-Men #95 by Dave Cockrum and Sam Grainger. Great splash. Haven't seen alot of Cockrum's art from his first run on the market lately. This should go for a pretty penny. Dave's primer period!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1553289

LsgAaNUU_3005191327451gpadd.thumb.jpg.e8747978013c9cea7e82096b93951e7d.jpg

1 hour ago, Brian Peck said:

The July Hake's Auction will feature the splash to X-Men #95 by Dave Cockrum and Sam Grainger. Great splash. Haven't seen alot of Cockrum's art from his first run on the market lately. This should go for a pretty penny. Dave's primer period!

It is autographed so pretty much worthless. :insane:

2 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

Cyclops crotch view...does it get any better?  I don't think so!  LOL

It's a very striking splash (even if it's worthless). Curious about there not being indicia or even glue stains -- I wonder if that note at the bottom means they statted it up for publication.

G

2 minutes ago, glendgold said:

It's a very striking splash (even if it's worthless). Curious about there not being indicia or even glue stains -- I wonder if that note at the bottom means they statted it up for publication.

G

Also notice no credit for Sam Grainger. Dont have a copy of the comic in front of me. Was he credited in the published comic?

I think its fabulous.    Crotch shot doesn't bother me at all.   

It does look toned.    I know it can potentially be reversed, but do you people shy away from bidding on boards which exhibit toning? 

I guess you get used to it (?) but I am not a fan of the aesthetics when the black/white contrast is lost.

Now I'd make an exception for this one ;) if it wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg.

Edited by Bronty

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

It does look toned.    I know it can potentially be reversed, but do you people shy away from bidding on boards which exhibit toning? 

Yes, I prefer to wait around for the whiter version of the #95 splash.