• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAMBO: LAST BLOOD (9/20/19)
1 1

76 posts in this topic

I thought it was a very good popcorn movie. I’m sure it’s just me but even though I liked it the movie didn’t seem like a Rambo movie. The long hair missing and really nothing military about the movie. 

Him being home in Arizona opened the door to show more of his past. More about his family and what made him the person he is. I think in that regard sly missed the boat.

LOVED Rambo 4! That being said I was disappointed with Rambo Last Blood (good one to rent but not worth the theater cost).  Plus it's run time was shorter than what is listed (1hr 39 minutes).  I went to the 6:30 show, the actually movie didn't start until 6:54, end credits started at 8:16.

Edited by Xenosmilus

23 hours ago, Oddball said:

I loved Rambo 4 as an action movie that delivers in similar fashion to Mad Max: Fury Road. Simple story with well paced extraordinary action sequences. As much as I loved 4, I can throw out the critical consensus below and go see this last one without a second thought. 

903B0D56-68C6-4447-9892-2721292C096E.jpeg

3C7B73AF-4694-4124-9EDE-25521E3B65D7.jpeg

I never go by reviews anymore , in fact the opposite is many times true‼️‼️ Hollywood reviews cannot be trusted too much these days 

16 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Holy! The author of First Blood.

:whatthe:

Hollywood has changed a lot in 40 years , and we dont go to movie that much anymore because of how Hollywood has become, but we still like our comic book movies and we looking forward to Rambo , or if she pick the Brad Pitt movie 😁😁🤔🤔🤔 maybe both‼️‼️

16 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Holy! The author of First Blood.

:whatthe:

The book by Morrell is *outstanding.* Brilliantly written wilderness survival & police corruption story.

I re-read it every few years.

Worth noting, in case anyone's forgotten, that in the book Rambo dies in the end.

On Rotten Tomatoes, Rambo: Last Blood is currently sitting at a solid 86 percent audience score meaning audiences like the film even if critics clearly don't. While it isn't exactly uncommon for there to be a bit of a difference between the critics take and audience reaction to a film, this one is a pretty major one. Most audience reviews seem to be approaching the film as a product of the whole, meaning that as a Rambo movie the violence is to be expected while there are several other reviews that dismiss the critical concerns with Rambo: Last Blood as being nothing more than political bias on the part of "liberal" critics.