• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 20 Hot Comics This Week May 23-30

42 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Key Collector Comics said:

bmajor_x_1_3rd.jpg

Variant 3rd printing sketch cover

How is this in a top 20?  No matter if this is in color, sketch, whatever format, it is hideous.  I do not know what they were thinking with this character. 

They would have done better making Aunt May a super hero that rescues the elderly from accidentally crapping their pants in a retirement home. They could have named her Major Accidental Coverage.

2 hours ago, Crops068 said:

How is this in a top 20?  No matter if this is in color, sketch, whatever format, it is hideous.  I do not know what they were thinking with this character. 

They would have done better making Aunt May a super hero that rescues the elderly from accidentally crapping their pants in a retirement home. They could have named her Major Accidental Coverage.

Hey...I'm not asking why or why not.  There are A LOT of Liefeld fans out there as seen in the data on Major X and the Spider-Man Deadpool #47 cameo.  I just report it.  Haha.   i think they may have gotten close to that Aunt May parody.  

3 minutes ago, Key Collector Comics said:

Hey...I'm not asking why or why not.  There are A LOT of Liefeld fans out there as seen in the data on Major X and the Spider-Man Deadpool #47 cameo.  I just report it.  Haha.   i think they may have gotten close to that Aunt May parody.  

Wasn't really directed at you more just in general.  Major X is imo a waste.  He looks terrible, every time I see him I shake my head.

7 hours ago, Key Collector Comics said:

forever_people_the_1.jpeg

📈 +137% copies sold vs previous week due to confirmation of screenwriter, Tom King

new_gods_1.jpeg

📈 +125% copies sold vs previous week

mister_miracle_1.jpeg

📈 +85% copies sold vs previous week

new_gods_2.jpeg

📈 +650% copies sold vs previous week

swamp_thing_1.jpeg

📈 +66% copies sold vs previous week

*House of Secrets #92 frequency of sales doubled

bfrim_ghost.jpg

20+ copies sold this week and increased in value by approximately 150%

Emerging as one of the top-selling Atlas books since the Paramount announcement

x-men_130.jpeg

📈 +192% copies sold vs previous week

Possible cameo in The Dark Phoenix film as evidenced by the movie's official music video 

power_pack_1.jpeg

📈 +270% copies sold vs previous week

*rumored to be in active development and Kevin Feige has mentioned his desire to develop this property on multiple occasions 

carnage_mindbomb.png

Low print run - writer of Absolute Carnage cites this issue as one of his favorite Carnage stories (excessive, graphic violence)

NM- unavailable for under $100 on eBay

kitchen_the_1.jpg

Movie Debuts August 9th

bavengers_0_2015.png ultimates_2015_1.jpg b92cd9c31-94b1-4bb9-997d-4f7ba0bed62c.jpeg

Rumors are circulating that The Ultimates might join the MCU

invincible_iron_man_7.jpeg

Speculative article boosted sales on Riri's 1st cameo

bone_parish_1.jpg

Hinted by Boom that this property is optioned

bablake_1_2019.png b0f9d6aa0-b9a6-4de5-a1df-dce8d21eb8df.jpeg

$10 value with very little inventory on eBay at the time of this post

Catherine Nodet variants (1:10) are doing well

bbatman_last_knight_kotw.png

Sold out in many stores, 100+ eBay sales including variants

Short story in Detective Comics #27 75th Anniversary introduced the concept 

bnew_agents_of_atlas.jpg

Increase in sales frequency throughout May due to orders of this exclusive variant arriving stateside from the Philippines 

bmajor_x_1_3rd.jpg

Variant 3rd printing sketch cover

bricfkmorty_50_variant_roland.png

Variant cover art by Julieta Colas celebrating Rick and Morty #50 with depictions of Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon (not shown)

BONUS: LATE ENTRY

pearl_1.jpg

Bendis teases upcoming movie news in the letters section of upcoming Pearl #10

Have a fantastic weekend. I hope you enjoyed The Hot Top 20 Comics for May 23rd thru May 30th

Dont tell me Darksied is going to enter movies 

Now I'll never be able to afford a 9 8

I just heard about the Pearl book too,sounds like a good movie plot, a noir.

Thanks for the update

I cant find any cgc Pearl's on Ebay 

@Hollywood1892 Thank you for commenting.  I'm glad you enjoy it.  Actually the values haven't jumped much yet on Jimmy Olsen 134 or Forever People.  Most of the increases are all volume increase, not value.    The Pearl book is so new and not on many people's radar so there probably isn't much graded floating around.  Possibly sold already.  Thanks again for checking it out

3 hours ago, Key Collector Comics said:

@Hollywood1892 Thank you for commenting.  I'm glad you enjoy it.  Actually the values haven't jumped much yet on Jimmy Olsen 134 or Forever People.  Most of the increases are all volume increase, not value.    The Pearl book is so new and not on many people's radar so there probably isn't much graded floating around.  Possibly sold already.  Thanks again for checking it out

There isnt much graded of Pearl at all.

I wonder when its gonna start catching serious heat.

In regards to forever people, remember the massive jumps Iron Man 55 took over the past few years?

Darkseid is definetly DCs answer to Infinity war

4 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

There isnt much graded of Pearl at all.

I wonder when its gonna start catching serious heat.

In regards to forever people, remember the massive jumps Iron Man 55 took over the past few years?

Darkseid is definetly DCs answer to Infinity war

If Warner Brother knows what's good for them, they would build towards a Cosmic Odyssey movie. (Also written by Starlin, with art by Mignola)

7 hours ago, Key Collector Comics said:

Actually the values haven't jumped much yet on Jimmy Olsen 134 or Forever People.  Most of the increases are all volume increase, not value

They will as soon as the first cinematic depiction of Darkseid will surface

57 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

If Warner Brother knows what's good for them, they would build towards a Cosmic Odyssey movie. (Also written by Starlin, with art by Mignola)

With the way the DC movies have been, they have no clue what is good for them.

I did mostly enjoy Wonder Woman and Aquaman was good.  The rest is practically garbage imo.

Now it would be fantastic to see more of Starlin's work make it to the big screen.  As long as they do it justice.  Marvel certainly did.

20 minutes ago, HuddyBee said:

Did you see Shazam?

Oh I completely forgot about Shazam, my bad Billy Batson!  Aquaman and Shazam both went in the more comedic route imo, similar to what they did with Thor in the MCU.  Which is why I think they worked.

Shazam shined so brightly it eclipsed the fact it was DC in my mind.