• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 20 Hot Comics This Week May 23-30

42 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

There isnt much graded of Pearl at all.

I wonder when its gonna start catching serious heat.

In regards to forever people, remember the massive jumps Iron Man 55 took over the past few years?

Darkseid is definetly DCs answer to Infinity war

Pearl started to pick up yesterday a bit. We’ll see what Bendis says in his letters column 

14 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Oh I completely forgot about Shazam, my bad Billy Batson!  Aquaman and Shazam both went in the more comedic route imo, similar to what they did with Thor in the MCU.  Which is why I think they worked.

Shazam shined so brightly it eclipsed the fact it was DC in my mind.

DC might be getting their feet planted with the past few successes.  I’m interested in how  Suicide Squad is going to turn out with some interesting character choices.  Especially if the Idris Alba Bronze Tiger rumors turn out to be true 

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

They will as soon as the first cinematic depiction of Darkseid will surface

New gods 

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

If Warner Brother knows what's good for them, they would build towards a Cosmic Odyssey movie. (Also written by Starlin, with art by Mignola)

Lately their best critical success is when the characters are in standalone films.  Bringing in Tom makes me think they’re going to get more granular with character development.  

4 minutes ago, Key Collector Comics said:

New gods 

Lately their best critical success is when the characters are in standalone films.  Bringing in Tom makes me think they’re going to get more granular with character development.  

I think Marvel kept people interested between films by having this thing on the horizon that people were looking forward to. While I think the best DCU film was a standalone (Wonder Woman) there were hints of more to come. Unfortunately (as I remember it) Cosmic Odyssey doesn't have something as obvious and well known as Infinity Stones that they can dangle out there, but WB could take a lesson from Marvel on how to do it right.

5 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I think Marvel kept people interested between films by having this thing on the horizon that people were looking forward to. While I think the best DCU film was a standalone (Wonder Woman) there were hints of more to come. Unfortunately (as I remember it) Cosmic Odyssey doesn't have something as obvious and well known as Infinity Stones that they can dangle out there, but WB could take a lesson from Marvel on how to do it right.

The only worry there is that if they make a change to mimic what Marvel has done then people will complain they are just copying Marvel.  Of course in the end there will always be someone that is unhappy no matter what they do.

I just hope they put out something good that I will be happy to take my kids to see. :)

6 hours ago, Crops068 said:

The only worry there is that if they make a change to mimic what Marvel has done then people will complain they are just copying Marvel.  Of course in the end there will always be someone that is unhappy no matter what they do.

I just hope they put out something good that I will be happy to take my kids to see. :)

They have a good streak going!  Some controversy with the new Batman casting but I don't think there's anyone who would be cast as Batman that would receive overwhelming (51%+) praise

4 minutes ago, Key Collector Comics said:

They have a good streak going!  Some controversy with the new Batman casting but I don't think there's anyone who would be cast as Batman that would receive overwhelming (51%+) praise

Oh don't even get me started that Sparkles is going to be Batman..... :sick:

On 6/1/2019 at 10:53 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

If Warner Brother knows what's good for them, they would build towards a Cosmic Odyssey movie. (Also written by Starlin, with art by Mignola)

It that happens, my ship will come in at long last. I used to buy these whenever I found them for a buck or less just because I love Mignola. I've got a butt-ton of them.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:26 PM, Crops068 said:

Oh don't even get me started that Sparkles is going to be Batman..... :sick:

lol I said the same thing. But apparently sparkles hated doing those "moon" movies lol 

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

It that happens, my ship will come in at long last. I used to buy these whenever I found them for a buck or less just because I love Mignola. I've got a butt-ton of them.

My favourite period for Mignola’s artwork.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 6/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, Key Collector Comics said:

Not on this board at least. People still want Adam West probably. :preach:

7 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

The Dazzler makes me want to puke.  Micronauts, She Hulk, ROM, Godzilla, 2001, Eternals...  How low can we go?  I guess I am half guilty with Howard the Duck...

Just wait. Next up: X-Force #1 bagged

7 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

The Dazzler makes me want to puke.  Micronauts, She Hulk, ROM, Godzilla, 2001, Eternals...  How low can we go?  I guess I am half guilty with Howard the Duck...

And don't forget Omega the Unknown!

13 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I guess you took the year off when it was a $250+ book in 9.8

Or perhaps my selective memory chose to completely disregard such info. And did that include the trading card that came with it?