• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So i recently dropped my slab and so this happened.

7 posts in this topic

Recently I was rearranging my shelves and i stopped and heard a loud shatter on the ground. It appeared that my slab shattered the back though I managed to put it back in place and temporarily taped it as to not feel the sharp edges. Should I get it reslabbed?

P.S. I'm a non paying member, do I have to pay for the first membership to be able to ship it out to get it reslabbed?

15594868446795141849804537326930.jpg

I would get it re-slabbed that broken piece can shift or move in storage moving etc.. and damage your comic. For me personally that last thing I would want is a busted slab and one that can potentially damage my comic. 

As for the submitting if you have a free membership you can drop it off at a local con that CGC is at or submit it through a authorized dealer. If you want to send it in yourself I believe you need the paid membership to mail it in. 

Sucks that your slab fell and is now damaged. 

Also warning that your comic might not get the same grade as it might have had some damage to the comic from the fall so be aware of that as well. 

On 6/2/2019 at 9:48 AM, Z3NRage said:

Recently I was rearranging my shelves and i stopped and heard a loud shatter on the ground. It appeared that my slab shattered the back though I managed to put it back in place and temporarily taped it as to not feel the sharp edges. Should I get it reslabbed?

P.S. I'm a non paying member, do I have to pay for the first membership to be able to ship it out to get it reslabbed?

15594868446795141849804537326930.jpg

Just because of general curiosity, what book was it?