• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have 10k to spend...
2 2

39 posts in this topic

XM1 has had a big run up recently. I’d be inclined to get the ASM1...

Full disclosure, I own copies of the first three books on your list.

Great choices but I would say jump on either ASM 1 or X-Men 1. The values of those will only continue to jump in the next coming years with all the movies and hype surrounding them. Once those movies are in production and a few months from coming out then I would jump on the JIM 83 and TOS 39 because no one will really be looking at those. Everyone will be too busy focusing on ASM, Eternals, XMEN, and FF (if they ever come out again). Good luck on your buy let us know what you get =)

TOS39 is still very affordable for such a big key issue at a decent grade, especially considering all those kids who are growing up watching the Iron Man films and hold him in much higher regard than other heroes. I hope to upgrade my own copy (or just buy another one).

Just given those four books, I'd go with X-Men #1.  If it's possible to buy a complete copy of AF #15 (however low grade, but no pages/cover missing) for $10K, I'd recommend that instead of X-Men #1.

all are great books, no doubt. while everyone else is on the xmen and asm bandwagon, i would note that TOS39 has not had a big bump for awhile so it's got a shot at some nice action. ASM1 and XMEN1 have already had their big bump the last year or two. i also think JIM83 is underpriced given the census numbers compared to a book like xmen1. but all are huge key books. every SA marvel key i ever got the last 6 years has increased in value at a nice rate. but i think TOS39 and maybe JIM83 are better buys than asm1 and xmen1 in todays market. 

On 6/4/2019 at 6:19 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

all are great books, no doubt. while everyone else is on the xmen and asm bandwagon, i would note that TOS39 has not had a big bump for awhile so it's got a shot at some nice action. ASM1 and XMEN1 have already had their big bump the last year or two. i also think JIM83 is underpriced given the census numbers compared to a book like xmen1. but all are huge key books. every SA marvel key i ever got the last 6 years has increased in value at a nice rate. but i think TOS39 and maybe JIM83 are better buys than asm1 and xmen1 in todays market. 

TOS39 is going to suffer for a few years because ten years of prices reflected the popularity and importance of Iron Man in the MCU.  Sure, they can keep the character going, but if it isn't Tony Stark, it's not a direct benefit. If it is a new Tony Stark... it'll be "too soon" and disappointing. TOS39 is a solid, solid book, but it usually takes a lot of people to drive an already strong market in a new direction, so what (or who) is going to give it a "big bump" now?

7 hours ago, valiantman said:

TOS39 is going to suffer for a few years because ten years of prices reflected the popularity and importance of Iron Man in the MCU.  Sure, they can keep the character going, but if it isn't Tony Stark, it's not a direct benefit. If it is a new Tony Stark... it'll be "too soon" and disappointing. TOS39 is a solid, solid book, but it usually takes a lot of people to drive an already strong market in a new direction, so what (or who) is going to give it a "big bump" now?

you dont think that a 46 year old gwyneth paltrow as IRON WOMAN would be a giant smash hit film? lol, please god don't let anyone think of doing that movie. 

can you even get any of those books in a complete 2.0 unrestored condition for 10k? I've been seeing them go for higher than that usually maybe I need better sources and luck :ohnoez: 

5 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

can you even get any of those books in a complete 2.0 unrestored condition for 10k? I've been seeing them go for higher than that usually maybe I need better sources and luck :ohnoez: 

Most recent CGC 2.0 (unrestored) prices:

ASM 1 - $5,750

JIM 83 - $4,100

TOS 39 - $3,000

XMEN 1 - $3,200

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Most recent CGC 2.0 (unrestored) prices:

ASM 1 - $5,750

JIM 83 - $4,100

TOS 39 - $3,000

XMEN 1 - $3,200

cool hmmm might have to look into getting one. I dunno why I thought the prices were crazy doh!

On 6/2/2019 at 9:30 PM, jjfversion1 said:

... and with that being said, I'm curious which book from the list below would be the best buy in todays market, and which ones would be better to wait on. Interested to see what you all think :busy:

ASM 1

JIM 83

TOS 39

XMEN 1

I've always thought Xmen 1 was undervalued. 

That would be my choice if I were buying as an investment. Introduces multiple characters to the Marvel Universe and has the most headroom to grow. 

However, if it were my personal money, I'd buy TOS39 because it's my favorite from your list. 

I would say a big no on all those and get FANTASTIC FOUR #1.

its expensive in any grade but once the movie comes out in 4 years or so you’ll see it get even less affordable. 

Its the literal start of the marvel universe and a bigger key issue than most you listed. 

Give it a good movie a huge hit and 10k will get you less then. Get in now.