• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have 10k to spend...
2 2

39 posts in this topic

Nice. I was planning on just spending around $20k but am over that already.  Lol I’ve been buying my favorite heroes 1st app  

congrats on that FF4.  I’m looking for a similar one.  

On 7/9/2019 at 6:07 AM, namisgr said:

I'd say buy the key you most like and want to own.  But I'm somebody that doesn't treat collecting comics as an investment strategy, but a hobby.

This.

On 7/9/2019 at 6:07 AM, namisgr said:

I'd say buy the key you most like and want to own.  But I'm somebody that doesn't treat collecting comics as an investment strategy, but a hobby.

Some of us do both (shrug)

On 7/8/2019 at 2:36 PM, ORRGO THE UNCONQUERABLE said:

I would say a big no on all those and get FANTASTIC FOUR #1.

its expensive in any grade but once the movie comes out in 4 years or so you’ll see it get even less affordable. 

Its the literal start of the marvel universe and a bigger key issue than most you listed. 

Give it a good movie a huge hit and 10k will get you less then. Get in now. 

Good call. I'm actually surprised at how cheap the lower grades of #1 are, considering 9.4 is the highest grade. 

I also really thought that the top grade of #5 (1st Doom in the MU) - also a 9.4 - would go for much more. It may be another good pick.

Edited by World Devourer

I would say, get the best copy of Fantastic Four #1 that $10k could get you. BECAUSE - Disney hasn't yet incorporated them into their movie universe, so the hype hasn't hit the general public yet. Once we see them on the big screen, expect to see it spike like crazy. But for now, it's under the radar. A perfect time to grab one.

Oh - too funny! After posting this, I happened to read the post of World Devourer above mine, and he said the same thing! LOL! I think his advice is sound, just like mine.

Edited by Getoutandstayout
addition

FF1 in my opinion. FFs are already heating up. I did see a cgc .5 incomplete does not affect the story  issue 4 go for over $600 at heritage last week. And we have all seen what the Avengers movie has done for Avengers 1.

So either nicest copy you can get for your money or go 2.0 on FF and 2.0 on X-Men 1 and hedge your bets. If they plan to remake the X-Men again with Disney magic.

Food for thought.

Hmmm... I throw in my 2 cents!  What is the turn around time?  I would get a high grade copy of FF52.  There is going to be another movie I am sure because the first made so much money.  It is the only FF I have that is going up fast.  Then flip it and get a spider man book to hold on to...