• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed

8 posts in this topic

PayPal only. Will ship within the United States only! First “I’ll take it”  - takes it! PM me with any questions. No returns - all transactions are final. 

Edited by TICTICBOOM
Added lots of extra CGC slabs for no extra $$$

Bump - no 10.0’s in the first X-Men series. This is the oldest and only one in this issue. If I take it to get it re-slabbed at an event next year...the price will go up dramatically. Could use the money now - but probably smarter for me to be patient and just get it looked at and re-slabbed. Looks like perfect corners still - perfect staples and great ink. Don’t see why it wouldn’t remain a 10.0 

Thanks - I wasn’t sure - this has zero damage to the slab...I was always too scared to attempt a reslab of a 10.0

I may just take it to an event where a grader is present and get his best opinion on if the grading would change if reslabbed...if he says definitely not - I’m re-slabbing it when I can get to an event and either keeping it for a long time or selling it for more than what I’m asking for now. I am a fishing addict and want to buy a newer fish finder.

Edited by TICTICBOOM
Spelling

18 hours ago, TICTICBOOM said:

Thanks - I wasn’t sure - this has zero damage to the slab...I was always too scared to attempt a reslab of a 10.0

I may just take it to an event where a grader is present and get his best opinion on if the grading would change if reslabbed...if he says definitely not - I’m re-slabbing it when I can get to an event and either keeping it for a long time or selling it for more than what I’m asking for now. I am a fishing addict and want to buy a newer fish finder.

Not for nothing but what possible reason would have to get this reslabbed? You're not getting a 10.2. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, FlyingDonut said:

Not for nothing but what possible reason would have to get this reslabbed? You're not getting a 10.2. :facepalm:

I heard people should get their slabs re-slabbed every ten years or so. Plus want to give possible future buyer confidence it is still a 10.0 

I’ve seen supposed high grade comics left in comic store windows and the ink was very faded and the pages got brittle. This has been stored well...but again, just for future resale and confidence for buyers.

Edited by TICTICBOOM

42 minutes ago, TICTICBOOM said:

I heard people should get their slabs re-slabbed every ten years or so. Plus want to give possible future buyer confidence it is still a 10.0 

I’ve seen supposed high grade comics left in comic store windows and the ink was very faded and the pages got brittle. This has been stored well...but again, just for future resale and confidence for buyers.

The gold "10" in the upper left corner would be a real giveaway.