• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No grading notes?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

So I just got back a submission, and I'm mostly happy with it. Some books scored lower than I would've hoped, but I didn't think every book would be a 9.8. However I'm having a hard time understanding a few of them. I got back an Ultimate Fallout 4 (first Miles Morales) and it was graded 9.4, except there are no notes. I looked through it and couldn't find a flaw, which is why I submitted it without a press. I know I'm not an expert, so I wouldn't be surprised to find out I missed something, but what did I miss? Why isn't it noted? 

I got notes on an 8.5 (which was accurate, I should've pressed that one) and a 9.2, but I have multiple 9.4s and a 9.2 that don't have notes. Before I contact CGC, is this common?

1 minute ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I won't be able to scan them until this afternoon, but I will. I'm not saying that they graded it wrong, but I'd like to know what I missed without guessing. 

Obviously we won't be able to offer our opinions until then lol.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Obviously we won't be able to offer our opinions until then lol.

Right but I don't really want anyone else's guesses either - I'm more curious if it's common to not receive grading notes on the majority of books. I don't want to waste my time trying to get an answer from CGC if the answer is "we typically don't give notes on 9.4s" or something like that. 

Just now, Kon_Jelly said:

Right but I don't really want anyone else's guesses either - I'm more curious if it's common to not receive grading notes on the majority of books. I don't want to waste my time trying to get an answer from CGC if the answer is "we typically don't give notes on 9.4s" or something like that. 

Oh. It's my understanding that it's common to receive notes on grades below 9.6, but it's not always a guarantee.

10 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Oh. It's my understanding that it's common to receive notes on grades below 9.6, but it's not always a guarantee.

Well you're right. CGC got back to me almost instantly - graders notes are at the discretion of the grader. :eyeroll: So in other words good luck guessing why we graded the way we did, try submitting again to see what you get.

Oh well - I'm not selling them so I'm not really upset, just more confused by the process.