• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

www.fanfare-se.com is closing down
3 3

18 posts in this topic

Tom Fleming just posted this on his site:

"After 20 years, I am discontinuing art sales at fanfare-se.com.  If you have had your eye on something, this would be a good time to pick it up.  This is not a fire sale, prices are as posted.  I can't say for sure if or where this art will be available after I shut down the site but I wanted everyone to get a last shot before I wrap it up.  It has been a pleasure working with everyone all these years.  Thank you!"

Very sad new. I have been buying artwork from Tom for 30 years. Some of my earlier purchases was at his Fanfare Sports & Entertainment in Kalamazoo Michigan. His store is where my mother's family lived. When ever I went back to Michigan and was in Three Rivers I tried to visit Tom at his shop. He has some amazing original paintings from Warren Vampirella. Bought one of the two Spy vs Spy vs Spy originals by Prohias from him. 

I have also bought art thru fanfare-se.com from some of his artists especially Stuart Immonen, Wade von Grawbadger and Greg Land. When All New X-Men was first published I contacted him about the wraparound cover for issue #1 but was informed it was a All-New X-Men #1 triptych Cover and ended up buying it. In fact at one point I owned 6 Stuart Immonen which I bought thru Tom. Later decided I was a bit greedy and trimmed it down and keep just 3 covers including one of my favorites All-New X-Men #5.

Tom was a joy to work with will miss buying art from him.

www.fanfare-se.com

Haven't bought from Tom in many years but bought miscellaneous Iron Man pages from him before that--always a nice guy who was easy to deal with.  Sorry to hear that his site is shutting down.

I agree with you others. While i have not bought from tom in a long time, i did pick up many things from him early on.  he did business the right way, in a friendly, professional matter and was quick to reply to questions. i wish him the best.

7 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

That's too bad. Is Tom still going to sell art directly out of his shop? Or is he getting out of the Art repping business altogether?

He doesn't say, but if he is closing down his site to sell art, I think he is just going to concentrate on his comic book shop.

18 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

He doesn't say, but if he is closing down his site to sell art, I think he is just going to concentrate on his comic book shop.

That's too bad. There are precious few OA dealers in Michigan as it is. 

7 minutes ago, dirtymartini1 said:

Usually people have a sale when they're closing up shop. Everything is still full ask. No discount. Bargain hunters need some love too. 

I suspect he is not having a sale because all the artists owned art will just be returned to the artists (and they are not interested in a sale) and the art he owns he would rather keep.

I'm speculating of course.

Malvin

I hate to hear this news. Tom is one of the best guys in the hobby and I made some of my first trades with Tom, who never took advantage of me and always gave me great deals. I got my Doom Patrol 1 cover from him, along with several other pieces. I guess as we all get older, I figure we will see this happen more and more with longtime dealers and collectors.