• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago dinner 2019 - Gauging interest
1 1

28 posts in this topic

With Wizard showing zero guests for a convention that's 2 1/2 months away, I'm trying to figure out if enough people would show up to the dinner to make it viable. It's quite a bit of work to organize, so if it's for naught why do it. If I can get a show of hands if you might attend the dinner, I'd appreciate it

Some alternatives to the dinner have been discussed, like meeting for drinks after the con or finding a smaller venue, but nothing concrete has been established

On 6/12/2019 at 10:42 PM, Red84 said:

Its a shame that Wizard World has F'ed up their flagship convention so badly.

If not Gibson’s, then why not approach Maria’s or Capitol Grill.  Also, there are two brew pubs near the park that have great food and may room to increased crowd occupancy. 

Cheers, Cat

I:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America

Sorry ‘bout the double post.  :sorry:

I’ll edit to remove the redundancy.  My iPad has been giving me fits with dropping words and failing to show posts when saved.  Think this is a problem caused by a recent update to the iPad adding a bunch of Apps I don’t use.

Cheers, Cat

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America

2 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

If not Gibson’s, then why not approach Maria’s or Capitol Grill.  Also, there are two brew pubs near the park that have great food and may room to increased crowd occupancy. 

Cheers, Cat

I:tink:

We're discussing all kinds of options, Cat. Nothing concrete yet, however. I'll let people know once we come to some agreement (thumbsu