• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago dinner 2019 - Gauging interest
1 1

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TheWatcher said:
3 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

If not Gibson’s, then why not approach Maria’s or Capitol Grill.  Also, there are two brew pubs near the park that have great food and may room to increased crowd occupancy. 

Cheers, Cat

I:tink:

We're discussing all kinds of options, Cat. Nothing concrete yet, however. I'll let people know once we come to some agreement (thumbsu

I’m not going, so I’m not sure my vote matters, but Capitol Grill would be a great option. Not sure if they have a back room, but if the party was more modest and they could seat you the food is great. 

I doubt its going to end.   It's Just this year WW conflicts with Reed Philly, so a lot of dealers had to make a hard choice,

Myself included 

Next year, Hopefully there will be less conflict, Personally. I had to skip the two best WW shows phlly and Chicago due to conflicts 

15 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

I’m really hoping this great tradition hasn’t come to an end. Any update?  Thanks sir. 

It's not ending, Steve, just put on hiatus for this year. There will be some kind of get together on that Saturday, but most likely informal. I'll pass along more once I have more info (thumbsu

Too many shows that same weekend 

I conflicted out, and will miss the show for the 1st time in 10 years 

and Expo Canada looks like a monster show 

Even Mamoa  split his appearance 

between WW and fan expo 

Also Expo has an AMAZING  Creators list I wish WW would have focused more on the creator guests, 

It’s unfortunate that the date conflicts are divvying up dealer commitments, but it happens.  My brokering deals is limited to GA at smaller regional cons, so while not setting up at Wizard I’ll be taking the road of least resistance, which is Amtrak to Chicago.  

On the plus side, the dining options in Rosemont around the Donald Stephen’s convention center are excellent. Whether this year’s con lives up to personal expectations and remains profitable compared with past Chicago Wizards is the big question.  Some comic dealers have been discussing an apparent drop off in foot traffic in recent years, which may be an indication of Wizard’s attendance losing ground. I’d expect that to be one of the highlighted topics of conversation over dinner if something impromptu is organized at the con.

:tink: