• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have any luck with this today?

13 posts in this topic

I had them all in my cart, then DKR sold out, then the rest hung around for a while, but I didn't pull the trigger. As nice as these are, I'm running out of wall space, and spending $50 on a glorified poster of a comic I already own just didn't add up for me. I like Mondo's stuff a lot, but I ultimately decided to pass, and I'm still ok with that decision...well maybe I shoulda bought the DKR, anyway!

I've given up on all 24x36 prints. They're just too big and I don't have enough wall space. 18x24 is so much more common in the concert poster world, and it is 99% of what I own. Having to store or display 24x36 prints becomes a pain.

I have The Goon Anniversary Tour print they did, 30ish of 115. 

I went for the gallery opening for this one too, they had a pretty decent line, probably 250 people or so. 

Here is the front of the gallery they did for the event

IMG_1365.jpg.e38f2c8962fd5ff6cc26036a32e2e717.jpg

Then they handed these out so people could be prepared on what to purchase once inside.  It was fairly well organized.  I didn't keep it since I didn't purchase anything, gave it to someone else in line to let them decide what they wanted.

IMG_1364.jpg.0f859b560b72765c0c9bd7e1d8a756be.jpg

Mini-Me liked Batman 37 (New 52) the best.  I was hoping for a Hush or Batman Beyond cover to be on the list.

I'm sure they're very nice but too rich for my blood. Now, if they did custom orders based on the covers of my choice, that might be worth allocating the money. 

3 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:

I'm sure they're very nice but too rich for my blood. Now, if they did custom orders based on the covers of my choice, that might be worth allocating the money. 

If you think that is too much don't even think about it once they are sold out (which happens very fast). They will be on ebay within an hour for double the price. 

The last round of posters were up for at least a couple of hours before they sold out. I'm pretty sure the missus grabbed me at least one, if not a couple, for our anniversary. She commented on how she liked the colors on the Batman 497 print, so if I had to guess, I'd say that one is coming home.

I have never had an issue with ordering stuff from Mondo. I know lots of people complain about bots, but I've always gotten the stuff I wanted, knock on wood. You just have to have your finger jamming on F5 a couple of minutes before the announced sell time, be sure you're logged into your account with your payment info ready to roll, and you should be good. 

10 hours ago, F For Fake said:

The last round of posters were up for at least a couple of hours before they sold out. I'm pretty sure the missus grabbed me at least one, if not a couple, for our anniversary. She commented on how she liked the colors on the Batman 497 print, so if I had to guess, I'd say that one is coming home.

I have never had an issue with ordering stuff from Mondo. I know lots of people complain about bots, but I've always gotten the stuff I wanted, knock on wood. You just have to have your finger jamming on F5 a couple of minutes before the announced sell time, be sure you're logged into your account with your payment info ready to roll, and you should be good. 

Some of us have jobs. :makepoint: