• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU Fantastic Four reboot sooner than later?

17 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, kimik said:

They must have SS and Galactus pencilled into the Phase 2 plot. That makes sense to bring in the FF as well.

Galactus? Eh I don't know. Peyton Reed is rumored to be the filmmaker connected with the FF right now, so I'm thinking they somehow tie in to the Quantum Realm. which is the opposite of the Big G. Maybe the First Family will actually debut in Ant-Man and the Wasp 2 before jumping into their own movie? The Quantum Realm did make its early debut in FF #16 which was also an Ant-Man crossover. It's just that the cosmic side of the MCU is being fully and well covered right now. It's Marvel's Microverse where there are unmined stories. Given that, I think we'd see Doctor Doom and Annihilus before we see Galactus in a MCU FF story.

4 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

I would think if there was any legitimacy to this it would've been reported in Variety. I'm not even sure what 'The GWW" is.

Kids nowadays with their giffy posts. (:

GEEKS WORLDWIDE: RUMOR: MARVEL STUDIOS TARGETING 2022 RELEASE FOR ‘FANTASTIC FOUR’ REBOOT; ‘ANT-MAN’S PEYTON REED PUSHING TO DIRECT

With the rights to the Fantastic Four back in Marvel’s hands, it seems they’ve already started planning how to introduce the First Family.

The GWW is hearing, but cannot confirm, that Marvel Studios is aiming for a 2022 release for the ‘Fantastic Four’ reboot. Sources also say that ‘Ant-Man’ director Peyton Reed is pushing to direct, and has already pitched his vision for the movie to Feige multiple times. Reed’s pitch includes a 1960s setting that involves the Quantum Realm, and possibly The Black Knight.

Reed has publicly stated his interest in setting a ‘Fantastic Four’ movie in the 60s, even going so far as to pitch to Fox when they had the rights.

“Visually, one of the things we always talked about – and this was 2003 – was The Fantastic Four as daytime superheroes. They don’t have secret identities. They’re very much a part of the fabric of Manhattan. In that universe, if you go to New York to the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty or the Baxter Building, it was all a part of that. We talked about it being a ’60s period movie, but Fox at the time was not into it.”

Kevin Feige plans on bringing Marvel to Hall H at San Diego Comic Con this year, it’s possible he reveals the release date for ‘Fantastic Four’ there. Marvel has a few dates booked for 2022, including February 18th, May 6th, and and July 19th. February is likely ‘Captain Marvel 2’, with ‘Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3’ being May 6th, so July 19th makes the most sense.

Worst-case, this is fan fiction excitement wishing that they be front-loaded in the MCU schedule. Which I get. I'd love to see that as well.

Peyton Reed has been pushing for this quite a while now.

'Ant-Man' Director Peyton Reed Comments on MCU Fantastic Four

"Well, listen: as a fan, I certainly find that intriguing, because in the comics realm, the Fantastic Four are the crown jewels of the Marvel Universe," Reed shared with ComicBook.com. "They are the first family of Marvel. I think there is a version of Fantastic Four that has yet to be rendered in the movies that would really, really excite me, and I certainly think there are at least six different ways to introduce Fantastic Four into the Marvel Cinematic Universe in a really satisfying way."

‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ Director Still Interested in ‘Fantastic Four’

“I've done comedies, I developed a version of Fantastic Four back in 2003 and so these are the kinds of movies I grew up on, have loved and always wanted to make.”

With a director that hungry to take on the property, I'd rather have him at the helm that someone trying out what it is like to produce a comic book films.

12 minutes ago, Key Largo Comics said:

I bet Doom or Galactus will be teased/introduced over the next few movies kind of like what they did with Thanos. Then when all seems lost the FF gets spit out of the negative zone or something.

I'm tired of Doom. 

We've seen him in 3 out of 4 FF movies so far, and only one portrayal was even half-way decent.

Much rather see the FF do a Rama-Tut stinger that paves the way for an Avengers/FF Kang big-bad.

14 minutes ago, Key Largo Comics said:

I bet Doom or Galactus will be teased/introduced over the next few movies kind of like what they did with Thanos. Then when all seems lost the FF gets spit out of the negative zone or something.

From those 2012 negotiations where Disney/MCU wanted both Galactus and Silver Surfer for the Daredevil film rights, there was definite interest there. And now that the Thanos storyline is wrapped up, it would make sense as the next Big Bad to build a space adventure about going forward.

32 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'm tired of Doom. 

We've seen him in 3 out of 4 FF movies so far, and only one portrayal was even half-way decent.

Much rather see the FF do a Rama-Tut stinger that paves the way for an Avengers/FF Kang big-bad.

Tired of Doom as well.  I didn’t understand all the hate from the last fantastic four movie. I thought it was damn good

8 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Galactus? Eh I don't know. Peyton Reed is rumored to be the filmmaker connected with the FF right now, so I'm thinking they somehow tie in to the Quantum Realm. which is the opposite of the Big G. Maybe the First Family will actually debut in Ant-Man and the Wasp 2 before jumping into their own movie? The Quantum Realm did make its early debut in FF #16 which was also an Ant-Man crossover. It's just that the cosmic side of the MCU is being fully and well covered right now. It's Marvel's Microverse where there are unmined stories. Given that, I think we'd see Doctor Doom and Annihilus before we see Galactus in a MCU FF story.

ohhhh, Annihilus on the big-screen. 

sign. me. up.