• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Grey are between hobby and buying for value
1 1

103 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Um. Never use vaseline for lube.

True story... 

I watched a subway fight last year.  One girl opens up her bag, reached in and then smeared vaseline on her face before she fought.

Seems to be the thing to carry these days. 

7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

True story... 

I watched a subway fight last year.  One girl opens up her bag, reached in and then smeared vaseline on her face before she fought.

It’s a prison thing. 

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
On 6/7/2019 at 7:18 AM, Jeffro™ said:

I was wrong. One of you is a child 

It's easier if we all just ignore him or at least do not quote him. 

Excellent point 

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

True story... 

What's the do anyways? I see MMA fighters get 'vaselined' before entering the ring and always wondered why.

48 minutes ago, NoMan said:

It’s a prison thing. 

Lol.

Might be true!

Boxers do it to.

But why would anyone give someone a chance to put vaseline on their face preflight,lol.

I'm not giving them a chance,second they lean in for that vaseline I'm leaning into them with a flurry.

As the great Sun Tzu said "Attack your enemy where they least expect it. Also he said to his butler,draw me a bath"

27 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

One it clots blood,two it slips punches,that's why sometimes you see refs tell fighters they got too much Vaso on their face.

Yeah, I've seen refs tell them to wipe some off before entering the ring a couple of times. If it helps to slip punches, I'm kind of wondering why it's allowed at all.

Edited by Gaard

NYC Fun Fact: If you see a woman yelling at someone in NYC and she takes off her hoop earrings, you should take out the cell phones, go to the camera app and stand back... someone is about to throw down. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought when comic books were first distributed they were not meant to be collected for value.
They were printed, distributed to your local drug store or other places like a book store?, bought, read not necessary carefully and tossed or given away.  
One just read them for enjoyment.  Again, I maybe I'm way off on this. People with far more comic book knowledge then me (a lot of comic book folks) please chime in. 
It's quite amazing to me how comic books became a collectable and also for investment. I guess a certain group of people just like to collect stuff.

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

NYC Fun Fact: If you see a woman yelling at someone in NYC and she takes off her hoop earrings, you should take out the cell phones, go to the camera app and stand back... someone is about to throw down. 

It sounds like a charming place.

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

This chick is hardcore. 

She throws a table AND catches a flying folding chair one-handed! :whatthe:

25 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

This chick is hardcore. 

She throws a table AND catches a flying folding chair one-handed! :whatthe:

All while still holding her purse! 

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

It sounds like a charming place.

Hey, I live out on Long Island. 

Last week, I refused to move for 'showtime' on an already crowded subway. It got ugly.  Surprisingly, they backed down and I didn't get killed. Sometimes you have to be a little crazier.