Faithless #1 "DO NOT ENCAPSULATE"
1 1

200 posts in this topic

13 posts

I recently sent in a stack of comics for grading. I got a notification today that the copy of Faithless #1 Erotica Variant I sent in would not be graded. The message just read DO NOT ENCAPSULATE - FINALIZED

I called customer service to get a better explanation, the guy I spoke to was very nice and helpful. He said that the reason is CGC refuses to grade and encapsulate that comic due to it being "too vulgar"

I was told that to avoid situations like this, in the future, call and verify that an erotic cover would be graded or not.

Just an FYI if anyone plans to send one in.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 posts

Have you seen the Faithless #1 2nd print erotica cover? its WAY worse! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,258 posts
6 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

It was the butthole that pushed them over the edge, I'm sure.

Everyone likes boobs. Butts. Sure. A nipple here and there. It's all good fun.

But when we start putting buttholes on our comic covers, we have gone too far, people.

#AllHolesBarred

They should stop slabbing ASM #121, then. :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,053 posts
7 minutes ago, Mad Mori said:

Have you seen the Faithless #1 2nd print erotica cover? its WAY worse! haha

Can't find a pic anywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56,025 posts

Even the pervs in the grading room have standards...? NO WAY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,954 posts
3 minutes ago, Anfield Fox said:

Can't find a pic anywhere

Many of them on Fleabay. I can see why they won't grade 'em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,356 posts
15 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

It was the butthole that pushed them over the edge, I'm sure.

Everyone likes boobs. Butts. Sure. A nipple here and there. It's all good fun.

But when we start putting buttholes on our comic covers, we have gone too far, people.

#AllHolesBarred

I was thinking about picking up a copy  or 2 for spec on this? WHat do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,053 posts
4 minutes ago, Pitboss said:

Many of them on Fleabay. I can see why they won't grade 'em.

All the eBay ones are sealed in the bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,954 posts
3 minutes ago, Anfield Fox said:

All the eBay ones are sealed in the bags.

Keep scrolling,you'll find 'em. I saw both covers mentioned in all their "glory".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 posts
Just now, Pitboss said:

Keep scrolling,you'll find 'em. I saw both covers mentioned in all their "glory".

Was it the #1 2nd print? The one with 4 people and a giant pentagram on the cover? That's the one that is out of control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,654 posts
1 hour ago, Mad Mori said:

I recently sent in a stack of comics for grading. I got a notification today that the copy of Faithless #1 Erotica Variant I sent in would not be graded. The message just read DO NOT ENCAPSULATE - FINALIZED

I called customer service to get a better explanation, the guy I spoke to was very nice and helpful. He said that the reason is CGC refuses to grade and encapsulate that comic due to it being "too vulgar"

I was told that to avoid situations like this, in the future, call and verify that an erotic cover would be graded or not.

Just an FYI if anyone plans to send one in.

Thanks.

I dont get it,if a cover is too vulgar than they wont grade it?

What if a generational superhero exposes himself in the pages,not vulgar enough?

CGC has some interesting policies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 posts
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I dont get it,if a cover is too vulgar than they wont grade it?

What if a generational superhero exposes himself in the pages,not vulgar enough?

CGC has some interesting policies.

I didnt think they would have an issue since they say "impartial third party grading" but then I found this on thier site under terms and service. I'm totallt fine with the explanation customer service gave me. - 

6. A Company has the right in its sole discretion to reject any items submitted for Services (including, without limitation, items that are not suitable for grading because they are worn, fragile, or brittle). Because even items that are ultimately rejected must still be received, tracked and examined, fees for Services may not be refunded for such rejected items

*edit *They gave it a grade or "0" I hope they dont charge me a grading fee. I didnt even think to ask that on the phone.

Edited by Mad Mori
text addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
176 posts
Posted (edited)

I hope you don't get charged. 

Now I like my copy of faithless even more.  

Free the butthole!  We would all be dead without it. 

Edited by Ducktape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,819 posts
3 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

Can't find a pic anywhere

Here's a link to a page that has a censored pic of it.  Below the pic is a link to the uncensored version.  It is more than a hole that probably factored into the decision not to encapsulate.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/22/new-faithless-1-2-risque-covers-comic-stores-today/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 posts
31 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

Here's a link to a page that has a censored pic of it.  Below the pic is a link to the uncensored version.  It is more than a hole that probably factored into the decision not to encapsulate.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/22/new-faithless-1-2-risque-covers-comic-stores-today/

Yeah that is the second printing of #1. The original printing variant isnt nearly that bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,602 posts

I think CGC is pretty clear about what they will and won't grade.

If there is penetration (oral, vaginal or oral) on the covers they won't grade. The Savage Dragon Eric Larsen cover from a few years back is an example of a book that they won't grade.

Nudity is no problem for CGC as evidenced by all the Cavewoman covers, etc.,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37,063 posts
5 hours ago, Mad Mori said:

I recently sent in a stack of comics for grading. I got a notification today that the copy of Faithless #1 Erotica Variant I sent in would not be graded. The message just read DO NOT ENCAPSULATE - FINALIZED

Send it to CBCS and see if they will grade it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,356 posts
Just now, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Send it to CBCS and see if they will grade it. 

Send it to PGX & see how that goes!!lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1