• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Faithless #1 "DO NOT ENCAPSULATE"
1 1

201 posts in this topic

I recently sent in a stack of comics for grading. I got a notification today that the copy of Faithless #1 Erotica Variant I sent in would not be graded. The message just read DO NOT ENCAPSULATE - FINALIZED

I called customer service to get a better explanation, the guy I spoke to was very nice and helpful. He said that the reason is CGC refuses to grade and encapsulate that comic due to it being "too vulgar"

I was told that to avoid situations like this, in the future, call and verify that an erotic cover would be graded or not.

Just an FYI if anyone plans to send one in.

Thanks.

It was the butthole that pushed them over the edge, I'm sure.

Everyone likes boobs. Butts. Sure. A nipple here and there. It's all good fun.

But when we start putting buttholes on our comic covers, we have gone too far, people.

#AllHolesBarred

6 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

But when we start putting buttholes on our comic covers, we have gone too far, people.

#AllHolesBarred

They should stop slabbing ASM #121, then. :devil:

15 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

#AllHolesBarred

I was thinking about picking up a copy  or 2 for spec on this? WHat do you guys think?

Just now, Pitboss said:

Keep scrolling,you'll find 'em. I saw both covers mentioned in all their "glory".

Was it the #1 2nd print? The one with 4 people and a giant pentagram on the cover? That's the one that is out of control.

1 hour ago, Mad Mori said:

I recently sent in a stack of comics for grading. I got a notification today that the copy of Faithless #1 Erotica Variant I sent in would not be graded. The message just read DO NOT ENCAPSULATE - FINALIZED

I called customer service to get a better explanation, the guy I spoke to was very nice and helpful. He said that the reason is CGC refuses to grade and encapsulate that comic due to it being "too vulgar"

I was told that to avoid situations like this, in the future, call and verify that an erotic cover would be graded or not.

Just an FYI if anyone plans to send one in.

Thanks.

I dont get it,if a cover is too vulgar than they wont grade it?

What if a generational superhero exposes himself in the pages,not vulgar enough?

CGC has some interesting policies.

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I dont get it,if a cover is too vulgar than they wont grade it?

What if a generational superhero exposes himself in the pages,not vulgar enough?

CGC has some interesting policies.

I didnt think they would have an issue since they say "impartial third party grading" but then I found this on thier site under terms and service. I'm totallt fine with the explanation customer service gave me. - 

6. A Company has the right in its sole discretion to reject any items submitted for Services (including, without limitation, items that are not suitable for grading because they are worn, fragile, or brittle). Because even items that are ultimately rejected must still be received, tracked and examined, fees for Services may not be refunded for such rejected items

*edit *They gave it a grade or "0" I hope they dont charge me a grading fee. I didnt even think to ask that on the phone.

Edited by Mad Mori
text addition

3 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

Can't find a pic anywhere

Here's a link to a page that has a censored pic of it.  Below the pic is a link to the uncensored version.  It is more than a hole that probably factored into the decision not to encapsulate.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/22/new-faithless-1-2-risque-covers-comic-stores-today/

31 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

Here's a link to a page that has a censored pic of it.  Below the pic is a link to the uncensored version.  It is more than a hole that probably factored into the decision not to encapsulate.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/22/new-faithless-1-2-risque-covers-comic-stores-today/

Yeah that is the second printing of #1. The original printing variant isnt nearly that bad. 

I think CGC is pretty clear about what they will and won't grade.

If there is penetration (oral, vaginal or oral) on the covers they won't grade. The Savage Dragon Eric Larsen cover from a few years back is an example of a book that they won't grade.

Nudity is no problem for CGC as evidenced by all the Cavewoman covers, etc.,

5 hours ago, Mad Mori said:

Send it to CBCS and see if they will grade it.