• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Faithless #1 "DO NOT ENCAPSULATE"
1 1

201 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Actually I have a high opinion.  They do not bother to have some 'master list' of board names of submitters.  How would they even accomplish this?  lol 

I do not see them as being petty like this, even if they could accomplish it.

You really think they don't know who their customers are or how to appropriately weigh opinions?

You know the "new" boards are tied to people's regular CGC accounts, right? Not that I'm saying they're looking closely at the posts of everyone who has ever submitted anything and ignoring everybody else, but they aren't stupid and do have resources at their disposal.

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

You really think they don't know who their customers are or how to appropriately weigh opinions?

You know the "new" boards are tied to people's regular CGC accounts, right? Not that I'm saying they're looking closely at the posts of everyone who has ever submitted anything and ignoring everybody else, but they aren't stupid and do have resources at their disposal.

That could be true.  That argument I'll accept.

But just because someone submits a lot, in your scenario, does not mean they give credence to wacky posts by that submitter. 

3 minutes ago, kav said:

But just because someone submits a lot, in your scenario, does not mean they give credence to wacky posts by that submitter. 

Of course not. Some policy in the past has been demonstrably influenced by the boards, but it has mostly been due to mass response rather than one person with above-average influence.

Also, it's impossible for us to know when CGC has been contacted directly about an issue, unless they tell us or Cal brags about how he kept the poor CS personnel on the phone all day with more whining.

In other words, CGC DOES in fact know who their big time submitters are. 

To think they don’t know who someone like <I’m not going to name names> who submits 300 books a week for 5 years, talks to various CGC personnel at shows, and over the phone, or when he does a walk through at their facility is strangely short sighted. 

And to think that person’s influence isn’t taken into consideration, at the very least is short sighted as well. They may not go with that advice, but I guarantee he’s someone who has direct input with the company. 

CGC is a small business that does a high volume of sales. It’s EASY to get to know some of the people that work there. I know people just from doing 7-8 shows a year for a few years. But it’s REAL easy to get to know them, when you’re submitting thousands and thousands of dollars of books on a regular basis. 

They very much DO know their big spenders. Any business that DOESN’T shouldn’t be in business in the first place. 

1 hour ago, kav said:

just fyi kav

the winner of forumite of the year criteria describes the winner as: "all posts ever weighed into account :foryou: "

i was taken aback about it that people with 40,000 posts definitely must have a "reputation" with cgc?

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

just fyi kav

the winner of forumite of the year criteria describes the winner as: "all posts ever weighed into account :foryou: "

i was taken aback about it that people with 40,000 posts definitely must have a "reputation" with cgc?

Basically it boils down to claiming "I'm kind of a big deal around here".  Actual big deals around here never have to make that claim.  Certainly not repeatedly. lol 

1 minute ago, kav said:

Basically it boils down to claiming "I'm kind of a big deal around here".  Actual big deals around here never have to make that claim.  Certainly not repeatedly. lol 

Lol don't read that much into it haha...

I just meant, on a good week it's easy to rack up 100 posts, meaning there must be a checklist or ever changing bracket by the time someone reaches 40,000

Or else how would they ever know?

They must be keeping tabs somehow! :eek:

otherwise it's a bunch of la De dah and then, oh shoot where's the memo with what to do now? :ohnoez:

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol don't read that much into it haha...

I just meant, on a good week it's easy to rack up 100 posts, meaning there must be a checklist or ever changing bracket by the time someone reaches 40,000

Or else how would they ever know?

They must be keeping tabs somehow! :eek:

otherwise it's a bunch of la De dah and then, oh shoot where's the memo with what to do now? :ohnoez:

I wasnt talking about me  :whistle:

10 minutes ago, kav said:

I wasnt talking about me  :whistle:

:shy: i shall ever stand in the shadow of receiving it at only 4,000 posts or there abouts .... :fear:

i didn't mean to imply anything, 40,000 just seemed like a lot (thumbsu but anyhoo my point is that

bigbrotherislookingatyourpostsuntilyouwinallthecaps!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 hours ago, kav said:

So when did CGC weaponize their counter intelligence,  and start using it against the common man.

Oops that's the H is a  criminal forum, sorry guys.

Edited by oakman29

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:shy: i shall ever stand in the shadow of receiving it at only 4,000 posts or there abouts .... :fear:

i didn't mean to imply anything, 40,000 just seemed like a lot (thumbsu but anyhoo my point is that

bigbrotherislookingatyourpostsuntilyouwinallthecaps!

Love the Cap88 tribute there.:applause:

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

So when did CGC weaponize their counter intelligence,  and start using it against the common man.

Oops that's the Hillary Clinton is a  criminal forum, sorry guys.

dang since I dont submit and just like to read comics I aint worth squat.  And my OA collection isnt in the 5 digits so I should just be mocked.

Was my post about cgc keeping track of the reputation of boardies taken out of context?

It was doubted that they read and keep up with boardies... based on the criteria with some awards, I was just thinking that it appears cgc does keep tabs is all :sorry:

1 minute ago, kav said:

dang since I dont submit and just like to read comics I aint worth squat.  And my OA collection isnt in the 5 digits so I should just be mocked.

Of Course! NOOOOOOT! :foryou:

4 minutes ago, kav said:

I can guarantee that my collection is in that range, and I am kind of a big deal . 

I'm also a bit of an elitist. 

Edited by oakman29
So there!

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was my post about cgc keeping track of the reputation of boardies taken out of context?

It was doubted that they read and keep up with boardies... based on the criteria with some awards, I was just thinking that it appears cgc does keep tabs is all :sorry:

Of course not . I just found an in to say ......

Edited by oakman29

6 hours ago, kav said:

This for sure!

So let's recap:

CGC doesn't change policy based on any one person's specific opinion (an argument which no one here made)

CGC is simply in it for the money (which all business' are, and another statement no one disagreed with)

CGC is free to change their own policy's (again - no one debated this)

The forum HAS influenced CGC in their actions before (It's happened - it's fact), but not on EVERYTHING they do (again, something that no one has made an argument for).

CGC is very aware of who their high volume submitters are and what their opinions are on hot button topics. 

The goal post moving has already begun to try and save face, but really, the gist of this conversation really didn't have anything here to debate.

MODERATION: Please re-read this thread and understand, there are clearly people here who want to discuss topics relating to comic books and CGC and people who are here simply to stir up trouble and target individuals to stir that trouble. This thread is a perfect example.

Edited by Chuck Gower