• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 D23's MARVEL roadmap and news

62 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Wolverine? He’s short enough. 

51 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Dude, that would be awesome.  Or Dr. Doom?  Namor?   

IDK, he's not bada$$ enough for those roles. Don't get me wrong, I liked him as Jon Snow.  What about Moon Knight? I don't know the character enough to tell but isn't MK suppose to be a psyco?  I mean he looks a little mentally challenged in that photo...:roflmao:

Edited by Xenosmilus

1 hour ago, Illustrious said:

Kit Harrington is playing Dane Whitman/Black Knight in The Eternals.

And there goes the roof on owning a copy of the first appearance of the Black Knight lol 

19 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

And there goes the roof on owning a copy of the first appearance of the Black Knight lol 

I know right? I sold a VF+ pair of both Avengers #47 and #48 last month for somewhat cheap because I thought the "Black Knight in the MCU" rumors wouldn't pan out.

Edited by Illustrious

Ok @Bosco685 I am with you on the whole... Superhero Fatigue is not a thing going by the numbers... 

However I am worried about something else... and that is overextension. 

Do you know what the best thing is about Runaways and Cloak and Dagger is?  I have never seen a single episode and I do not need to.  I do not know anything about them.  I do not need to.  They might be the best things on television. I don't know because I don't need to see it to know what is going on in the Marvel Universe. 

My fear, and there is some substantiation here, is that the Marvel Universe becomes TOO self referencing and TOO reliant on connectivity.  In order to know what was going on over the past 10 years with Marvel Studios, you kind of needed to follow everything along if you wanted the whole picture for the tentpole events like Avengers 1, 3, and 4.  As we got closer to A4 this became even more obvious. 

The substantiation for this lies on Marvel crossovers. For too many years you needed to know what was going on company wide in order to read some of those giant events.  They learned the hard way to tweak the storyline so not every single event required the readers to devote the time and energy into reading all of the books across the event.  My worry here is that there is too much and that may drive viewers away if Marvel becomes too self referencing.    I don't want to find out that while sitting in Avengers 5 that I have no idea what is going on because I did not make the time for one D+ show that I should have watched. 

I think if they overextend and self reference a bit too much that is what will drive people away and not because of too much product. People don't want to feel as if the experience is a chore.  The beauty of three movies a year was that it was something to look forward to.  Personally speaking, if I feel as if I HAVE to watch 3 movies + 3 TV shows a year just to keep up... then I am going to feel as if it is becoming work.  I have enough of that. 

Thoughts?  I readily admit I could be wrong about this.  

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Thoughts?  I readily admit I could be wrong about this.  

It is getting concerning there are going to be so many films and TV shows and direct-to-video animation productions, people are going to lose track due to being overwhelmed with details.

At least with certain comic book series I could pick a few titles and from time to time buy associated books with a crossover story. This may be too much for the general audience to take in and keep the details straight.