• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 D23's MARVEL roadmap and news

62 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Thoughts?  I readily admit I could be wrong about this.  

No, I agree with you.

Ideally, you’d see a low level of self reference and connectivity, on par with Marvel in the 60s.

29 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It is getting concerning there are going to be so many films and TV shows and direct-to-video animation productions, people are going to lose track due to being overwhelmed with details.

At least with certain comic book series I could pick a few titles and from time to time buy associated books with a crossover story. This may be too much for the general audience to take in and keep the details straight.

Ok... just wanted to see if I was too far off with that thought.  

31 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Thoughts?  I readily admit I could be wrong about this.  

I agree but I think we are nowhere near the peak yet. You have to look at it like this, Endgame had references to a couple dozen different movies and it just did 2.8B in box office. If the people are getting tired of trying to keep up with it all they’re saying the exact opposite with their wallets... and Disney is all ears!

What's it like to be at one of these things and they very first announce a film/tv show is being made? Let's take "Moon Knight" for example. Does the host announcer guy say, "and ladies and gentlemen THERE WILL BE A MOON KNIGHT TV SHOW!!!! Does the room roar with approval? Do some people faint like when the Beatles first came to America? Is it even possible for host announcer guy to say something that wouldn't get a roar of approval? Could the host announcer guy say, "There will be a Moon Knight movie and Moon Knight will be played by Rev. Sun Myung Moon!" Would the crowd still roar with approval?

Edited by NoMan

4 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

I agree but I think we are nowhere near the peak yet. You have to look at it like this, Endgame had references to a couple dozen different movies and it just did 2.8B in box office. If the people are getting tired of trying to keep up with it all they’re saying the exact opposite with their wallets... and Disney is all ears!

I agree that the current rate of material is doable... 

I am talking about with the addition of all of the Disney Series... 

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

What's it like to be at one of these things and they very first announce a film/tv show is being made? Let's take "Moon Knight" for example. Does the host announcer guy say, "and ladies and gentlemen THERE WILL BE A MOON KNIGHT TV SHOW!!!! Does the room roar with approval? Do some people faint like when the Beatles first came to America? Is it even possible for host announcer guy to say something that wouldn't get a roar of approval? Could the host announcer guy say, "There will be a Moon Knight movie and Moon Knight will be played by Rev. Sun Myung Moon!" Would the crowd still roar with approval?

It's been a minute since I've been to Hall H (2013?), and I can't speak for D23, but typically these types of panels require people to 1) spend a decent chunk of change to travel/stay wherever this is held and 2) spend a significant amount of time in line for the panel (sometimes overnight)... so you don't really have a crowd of people who are casual fans, they're all pretty amped up, to the point where you could pretty much say anything and the crowd would go crazy.

56 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

It's been a minute since I've been to Hall H (2013?), and I can't speak for D23, but typically these types of panels require people to 1) spend a decent chunk of change to travel/stay wherever this is held and 2) spend a significant amount of time in line for the panel (sometimes overnight)... so you don't really have a crowd of people who are casual fans, they're all pretty amped up, to the point where you could pretty much say anything and the crowd would go crazy.

ok. thanks. copy that. 

I wonder if Disney could start a Go Fund Me and actually get the fans to pay for the production of the movie and then get same fans to pay to see it. I bet they could. 

Edited by NoMan

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I agree that the current rate of material is doable... 

I am talking about with the addition of all of the Disney Series... 

Yeah, I get it, but these aren't all coming out at the same time some of these being announced are back-end of Phase 4, late 2021 and beyond. Also keep in mind they're all 6-episode shows from what I've heard. So you're looking at what equates to 2 movies worth of material per show? It's not a ton IMO.

8 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Justin Kroll is a very trusted reporter with these films and studio behind-the-scenes activities.

I don't think they like to get too ahead of themslves because then change of plans can be perceived as weakness in the brand.   Remember when they announced Inhumans as a feature film?  I wonder what the plan would have been had that happened...

9 hours ago, NoMan said:

13 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

And there goes the roof on owning a copy of the first appearance of the Black Knight lol 

Likely a pop this week and then a pull back price wise. TOD #10 hit $4K for a 9.4 the day or three after the Blade announcement. The last two GPA reported sales have been in the $2700 - $2800 range.

as Disney slowly begins to rewrite history, the crowd roars...........

and don't look at the cosplay professional girls with less than nothing on because you're a creeper and a peeper.

Edited by NoMan

3 minutes ago, Heronext said:

Had been wondering if they would go that way.  I like it better

Especially with only 6 episodes per show, can you imagine that dissatisfaction when someone is done in only a few hours?

On 8/25/2019 at 5:59 PM, Bosco685 said:

No binge-watching with Disney+ shows.

I imagine we'll start to see more of this from other streaming providers as a way to hold on to customers. I'm surprised we haven't seen it already, tbh.