• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage European Comic Art Auction - 2019 June 8 & 9

28 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2019 at 4:55 PM, NicoV said:

Could not find any topic on this auction, does it mean that it is of no interest to you (by "you" I mean "most of US collectors")? Is it because there is little Marvel / DC pages? Because of higher fees and art shipped from Europe? 

I went to the exhibition yesterday and there's nice pages to look at. But I'm a European collector :bigsmile:

Absurdly, for me in Europe it makes more sense to buy from the US heritage auctions.

The Heritage European auction really know how to squeeze the lemon 25% commission + 21% tax means that a 10K piece would end up costing you close to 15K.

2 hours ago, chromium said:

Absurdly, for me in Europe it makes more sense to buy from the US heritage auctions.

The Heritage European auction really know how to squeeze the lemon 25% commission + 21% tax means that a 10K piece would end up costing you close to 15K.

What are these 21% tax? Custom fees? That's huge. In France it's 5.5% and it already hurts :makepoint:

But regarding Heritage European auction, if you live in Europe, you don't have to pay custom fees as lots are in Europe (France first, then Netherlands).

15 hours ago, chromium said:

But you only need to work 35 hours/wk, get (at least) 8 weeks of vacation a year, university tuition is nothing, you can retire at 50 and all healthcare is free!

31 minutes ago, tth2 said:

But you only need to work 35 hours/wk, get (at least) 8 weeks of vacation a year, university tuition is nothing, you can retire at 50 and all healthcare is free!

xD ... and yet "yellow jackets" protest every week for months! They want their share of everything without doing anything...

I would love these 8 weeks of vacation and retiring at 50, but unfortunately it's "only" 5 weeks and legal retirement age is 62 (and probably 65 before I get this age)

7 hours ago, tth2 said:

Lies ! Blatant Lies ! I work 20 hours a week (average is 41, but I'm a fast worker) and get 15 weeks of vacation, retirement age has been raised from 58 to 67 though and medical house-calls have gone up to €8 !

Also...it rains a lot over here.

Edited by chromium

19 hours ago, NicoV said:

What are these 21% tax? Custom fees? That's huge. In France it's 5.5% and it already hurts :makepoint:

But regarding Heritage European auction, if you live in Europe, you don't have to pay custom fees as lots are in Europe (France first, then Netherlands).

No customs fees, as like you said the art stays in the EU, but we pay 21% tax on everything bar the essentials, except electricity which is also 21%. Water is still 6%

Edited by chromium