• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre Unity Harbinger pages that the USPS tried to kill!!
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I found a couple pages of early Harbinger art from Dave Lapham and had to have them. Harbinger was one of my favorite books when it first came out so this was a great opportunity for me at this point: worked out a price via eBay with the seller and I thought we were in good shape. Here is where it went sideways. The tracking on the pages said delivered... but to Staten Island! I’m in New Jersey!! I messaged the seller no answer I then called eBay who had me open a case. The seller got back to me the next day, he went down to the post office and looked into it. They said that was the wrong tracking and they were on track just delayed. Ok. Feeling better- today my package showed up and the mailman knocked. To my dismay the package arrived damaged... soaked. He said it got here this way and they noted it. Back to panic. This was not someone spilled water wet this was left in a puddle wet. So I started opening and taking pics along the way for proof. The first layer of cardboard  melted right off in my hands it was so degraded. The next one was drenched to the touch, but there was more. It seems my seller was adept at overcoming the USPS . Third one in still damp- and now I see the paper. The board the pages were taped too more water. I’m thinking worst case at this point. But to my surprise they made it!! I wouldn’t say safe and sound but there seems to be no damage! 

I think these were actually delivered to Staten Island sat in the rain (it was raining the day they were supposed to be delivered) back to Ohio and finally here.  

6981EB0C-CCB8-473A-8D21-532DF6D21617.jpeg

DA4FF380-4517-48FD-859C-F6E75ED83C2D.jpeg

6089F697-20F8-405B-8D0C-75341DC3FCFD.jpeg

B21ABD17-A627-42B3-BEA9-B4E31295BC21.jpeg

34554A28-0994-4C45-8D4E-EDAF674802C9.jpeg

F059E847-CCC4-4238-990D-EA4A8F57A685.jpeg

A56C9839-CBA1-480B-A057-9A0564C8A3AA.jpeg

15D222A3-1912-4D0F-A69B-D281FAC086DE.jpeg

4 hours ago, bisquitodoom said:

Glad they escaped!  Some nice pages too.  That Solar crossover was very cool.  

Thanks. me too, I am not sure if these come up to often, but the solar page is fantastic and the other is actually the first appearance of AX. 

49 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Thanks. me too, I am not sure if these come up to often, but the solar page is fantastic and the other is actually the first appearance of AX. 

They do NOT come up often.  Most people with early valiant art, tend to hold onto them.  Congrats on the new art!