• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego Comic Con panel

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I love the Felix podcasts.  My hope is that some of you more experienced collectors would put together a Felix podcast like SDCC panel on original art collecting.  It would be great to hear from some collectors and their experience and what they went through on their collecting journey.

Best wishes to all of you.

20 minutes ago, Peter L said:

Hi All,

I love the Felix podcasts.  My hope is that some of you more experienced collectors would put together a Felix podcast like SDCC panel on original art collecting.  It would be great to hear from some collectors and their experience and what they went through on their collecting journey.

I did a panel "Collecting Comic Art" panel at SDCC about 15 years ago, I think I did 3 or 4 years. I also did a few at Wonder Con when it was in San Francisco. I enjoyed doing the panel and had a number of collectors on it including Glen Gold, Mankuta but also had artists/collectors Tim Townsend and Scott Williams. Though it was getting tougher to put on. SDCC was big then but still growing. Also I never got a very big audience usually around 30 or so. 

I wouldn't mind bringing it back, maybe work with someone like Felix. Back then I didn't have the connections like Felix has, so the panel pool was limited. Too late to do it this year, panels are all filled up. Maybe next year. Like to hear everyone's feedback.

Edited by Brian Peck

9 hours ago, Peter L said:

Hi All,

Thanks Peter. I did an original art panel at Heroes a couple of years ago. Moderated by collector Jason Wood, of 11 O'Clock Comics Podcast. A lot of fun.

8 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

I enjoyed doing the panel and had a number of collectors on it including Glen Gold, Mankuta but also had artists/collectors Tim Townsend and Scott Williams.

Glen Gold, Tim Townsend, and Scott Williams aren't just noteworthy collectors, but also exemplary representatives of the hobby. Those three were great choices. I hope you get to bring the panel back, and I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Edited by Nexus