• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(CLOSED) GIANT SUMMER SALE PART II
6 6

152 posts in this topic

FINAL ROUND OF DISCOUNTS COMING!!!

GHOST COMICS 2,3,4,6

JUSTICE LEAGUE SET OF 5

TALES OF SUSPENSE SET OF 4

DETECTIVE 44

FANTASTIC 4 TWO PACK

MAGIC COMICS 9

HOUSE OF SECRETS 92

AVENGERS 83

FOREVER PEOPLE 1

Last night was a great success. Thank you to @Ricksneatstuff @Casablanca @bb8 @davet75 @Comcav @Inaflash

Steal Deals on remaining books to say thanks. I'll begin marking them down now and comment at the end of the thread when finished. Thanks again to everybody who participated. Had a lot of fun!!!

7 minutes ago, Joshua33 said:

FINAL ROUND OF DISCOUNTS COMING!!!

GHOST COMICS 2,3,4,6

JUSTICE LEAGUE SET OF 5

TALES OF SUSPENSE SET OF 4

DETECTIVE 44

FANTASTIC 4 TWO PACK

MAGIC COMICS 9

HOUSE OF SECRETS 92

AVENGERS 83

FOREVER PEOPLE 1

Last night was a great success. Thank you to @Ricksneatstuff @Casablanca @bb8 @davet75 @Comcav @Inaflash

Steal Deals on remaining books to say thanks. I'll begin marking them down now and comment at the end of the thread when finished. Thanks again to everybody who participated. Had a lot of fun!!!

Frankenstein?

3 minutes ago, icefires said:

I see that. Just wondering if you kept it or sold it. None of my business I guess.

No worries at all. Kept. Gonna resubmit and contest grade. Got hosed. Might be available again once I get it back.

6 minutes ago, Joshua33 said:

No worries at all. Kept. Gonna resubmit and contest grade. Got hosed. Might be available again once I get it back.

I'm glad you kept it (for your sake). Smart move.

I wish I could go back in time to 2016 and buy the 9.2 auctioned on Heritage. :cloud9:

16 hours ago, Joshua33 said:

Early Fantastic Villain lot of 2. With these guys coming to the MCU, it's hard to imagine which villains will get some silver screen love. Early tough issues. FF8 first Puppet Master, FF 15 First Mad Thinker VG range or better

***FINAL MARKDOWN $300***

20190607_171603.jpg

20190607_171618.jpg

:takeit: via PM

2 hours ago, icefires said:

I'm glad you kept it (for your sake). Smart move.

I wish I could go back in time to 2016 and buy the 9.2 auctioned on Heritage. :cloud9:

You know?... this comment deserves attention. I'm thinking time travel for comic collecting is a noble pursuit. Can we get some help on this issue? 

18 hours ago, davet75 said:

woah, from the pics (albeit not super clear through the case) it looks like a 7.0

Took a 2nd look: the back cover chip probably knocks it down to a 6.5... on a horrible day a 6.0 at the worst

are there any stains on the book? that would hurt the grade

and could that staple be detached?  in conjunction with everything else, that would do it.  What do the graders notes say?

6 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

are there any stains on the book? that would hurt the grade

and could that staple be detached?  in conjunction with everything else, that would do it.  What do the graders notes say?

It's a single staple book, so detached staple would result in a completely detached cover and a much lower grade, so i'm guessing staple is intact.  If there are stains (difficult to see from pics and lighting), then those would be relatively harshly graded by CGC, although I see no obvious staining here.  Unseen Interior defects could of course contribute to a lower grade, but i'm guessing that would have been in the description since he was the original submitter.  From what i can see of the exterior presentation, i would estimate a 6.5 even with the chip.

I think we just hijacked the thread into the PGM forum :signofftopic:

1 hour ago, davet75 said:

It's a single staple book, so detached staple would result in a completely detached cover and a much lower grade, so i'm guessing staple is intact.  If there are stains (difficult to see from pics and lighting), then those would be relatively harshly graded by CGC, although I see no obvious staining here.  Unseen Interior defects could of course contribute to a lower grade, but i'm guessing that would have been in the description since he was the original submitter.  From what i can see of the exterior presentation, i would estimate a 6.5 even with the chip.

I think we just hijacked the thread into the PGM forum :signofftopic:

Thanks for your opinions. Yeah, the book is fully attached and there arent any stains. I think they might give me a bump if I resubmit for a second look.

SATURDAY EVENING BUMP :screwy: You know your prices are too good when you nearly sell out. 

Remaining books are open to offers below their already ridiculously low prices. 

Titles include:

Forever People 1 (signed)

Avengers 83

Tales Of Suspense Lot

All Top 11

Marvel Graphic Novel 4

Magic Comics 9