• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Rawhide Kid #17 - Grade is in!
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I just recently picked this up from Ted, aka @Superworld. It has a small piece missing along the right-hand side of the cover (visible in the photo), along with some SEVERE tanning on the inside/outside of the back cover. It also has some spine roll. Staples are firmly attached. So, what do you think?

Joe

RK17-01.jpg

RK17-02.jpg

RK17-03.JPG

RK17-04.JPG

RK17-05.JPG

RK17-06.JPG

RK17-07.JPG

RK17-08.JPG

RK17-09.JPG

RK17-10.JPG

RK17-11.JPG

RK17-12.JPG

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer

Nice book :)

A bit difficult to assess with the first two scans cropped as they are, but it looks to be in the 3.5 to 4.0 region to me. Top staple looks a bit ropey. 

The cover stock is toasted but the interior pages look decent, maybe off-white.  I'd go with an optimistic 4.0, having seen a couple of other recently graded books with significant cover chunks missing like this one getting similar grades.

Edited by namisgr

FWIW I've seen pieces that large missing in 6.0s, but they were otherwise pretty nice, and don't even get started on the Marvel chipping leniency CGC is known for.