• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ACE Comic Con Chicago, Oct 11-13, 2019, Donald E Stephens Convention Center
1 1

42 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Anyone attend or set up? I would be curious to know how the show was as I wanted to do this one but due to a new job wasn't able to set up.

Someone gave me a free ticket for Saturday. I wasn't planning to go but figured I would check it out. It wasn't great for me. Very few comic dealers. A lot of Pop figures, t-shirts and the usual stuff like that.

I knew this show was more about the celebrities. If you want celebrity autographs, maybe this is the show to go to (although I was reading comments in a C2E2 facebook group and some folks weren't too happy with that either). I got in there around 10:30 and had seen everything by 12:30 or so. I wandered around a little and played some free pinball after that, but I was gone before 2:00. I suppose if there were more comic dealers listed next year I might go back but it would also depend on the cost of admission. It would not have been worth the price this year.

I thought Comic Con Revolution earlier in the year was a lot more fun. I'm actually looking forward to the next one.

I had a blast— signed a lot of copies of the exclusive Sabrina comic they did and got to meet Kiernan for some PR pics for Archie.   Within view of my table were college football games on a big screen, the 66 Batmobile, and there was a bar setup 10ft from me.  What more could I want?