• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn #200 slabbed w/odd paper?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I had posted this message in the "Ask CGC" thread yesterday but I've since realized that I should've posted it here. CGC moderators, please accept my apology and remove it from that thread.

Here's what I'd posted:

Hi,

I had my Spawn issue #200 Lee Variant graded a few years ago and it came back with a 9.8. <3 I kept it in an appropriate CGC sized long box (along with my other graded comics) for all these years.

Just recently I decided to look at some of my graded comics and when I picked up my Spawn #200 issue I immediately noticed something sliding out from the bottom. I knew it wasn't there before??? so I looked at the picture taken by the CGC when it was graded. (thank goodness I paid the extra money to have that done)

I don't know what it is that has slid out from underneath the comic. I've taken pictures of how it looks now. Does anyone know what this might be? I never opened the comic book when I got it, just sent it straight to CGC to be graded.

Has anyone else seen this in the #200 issue? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2397910_Full_Obv.jpg

spawn200_full.jpg

Spawn200_corner.jpg

Spawn200_back.jpg

What you're seeing is the "microchamber paper" that the CGC places in each book. 

Microchamber paper is basically a piece of cotton paper that is designed to absorb acids that are slowly released by the paper of the comic book. It's designed to protect the comic over the long haul. 

Absolutely nothing to worry about. 

If it bothers you, try GENTLY tapping the slab until the microchamber page finds its way back under the cover of the comic. 

newshane & Bird,

Thank you both so very much for answering my questioning and putting my mind at ease. :smile:I also learned something new, the CGC's use of microchamber paper.

Now that I know it's harmless, I'll just let it be.

Again, my thanks to you both for your knowledge and for kindly answering my question.

Cheers!